Payton said he tried calling a timeout on that last cowboys fg (1 Viewer)

as good as head coach as payton is, he has a lot to learn about clock management, if buehller hits that u need that time out to have a prayer at getting into fg range in 30 seconds.

Why would you give a kicker a chance to make adjustments with a second chance. makes no sense. Need to have someone tie Paytons hands if this ever happens again. This stratedgy never works.

refs were getting paid by JJ thats why he didnt "hear" SP or call it, we aint get a decent call or no call all game, just my angry opinion

There was defeintely holding on Malcolm jenkins (he was being held by Dallas) on that reverse to Miles Austin just after halftime.

And there was a no call that should have been called PI against Dave Thomas in the 4th quarter (if you saw the game, you know the play I'm talking about).

if they had gave Payton the timeout, and then they made it.. UGHHHH Man what a game..

How the Saints saved Thanksgiving !!!

Who Dat!?

:gosaints:

I'm sure they don't keep numbers on it but I'd like to see the percentages on how effective that is at the end of the game or half or OT or somehting.

The one thing that works my nerves about Payton is that he gets too caught up and loses some his mind sometimes. Why even THINK about getting cute & icing there? :virus:

The problem with doing that, IMO, is that gives Dallas a chance to rethink that decision. We've seen other teams make that mistake with us.

Agreed. When they marched out the FG team, I said "we won".

Agreed. When they marched out the FG team, I said "we won".

yeah, I kept thinking they would change their mind and #88's first catch would be for a TD. Even if they made the field goal, I like our chances in OT!!

The problem with doing that, IMO, is that gives Dallas a chance to rethink that decision. We've seen other teams make that mistake with us.

I totally agree. I wanted that FG play to happen rather than gamble. They were moving the ball very well in the 2nd half and 59 yards is a long way to kick.

Why would you give a kicker a chance to make adjustments with a second chance. makes no sense. Need to have someone tie Paytons hands if this ever happens again. This stratedgy never works.

It's actually worked several times this year for several coaches.

I tend to agree that it wasn't worth it there though and he shouldn't of tryed to call a TO.

There was defeintely holding on Malcolm jenkins (he was being held by Dallas) on that reverse to Miles Austin just after halftime.

And there was a no call that should have been called PI against Dave Thomas in the 4th quarter (if you saw the game, you know the play I'm talking about).

We all saw the hold, the commentators saw the hold and yes, even JJ saw the hold. After the TD there was a shot to the suite that he was in and it showed a bizarre look of disbelief after the score. I wish I had a clip to show it. Either way, all is said and done, the BLUF is that we did indeed win.

As has been said, I don't like the timeout for the opportunity it gives Garett to consider changing his mind and going for it on 4th down.

With the amount of yardage we had given up in the 2nd half, the chances of them converting a 4th and 10 and making it a more reasonable FG attempt were greater than hitting that 59 yarder. Glad it worked out like it did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom