Payton said he tried calling a timeout on that last cowboys fg (1 Viewer)

When they were lining up for it, I was hoping he didn't. You do that for high percentage FG's not 59 yards. Glad he was late on the TO.

refs were getting paid by JJ thats why he didnt "hear" SP or call it, we aint get a decent call or no call all game, just my angry opinion

He should've learned his lesson after the ATL game and never do it again. He did it last year in the AZ game too. Luckily Rackers missed two in a row. He is cursed when it comes to icing the kicker.

They showed a shot of it later and he did try to but was just late with it. The Ref was in front of payton so didn't know he was going to try it.

The problem with doing that, IMO, is that gives Dallas a chance to rethink that decision. We've seen other teams make that mistake with us.

refs were getting paid by JJ thats why he didnt "hear" SP or call it, we aint get a decent call or no call all game, just my angry opinion

If you really believe that then why do you even bother to watch?

like i said that was my angry opinion as of right now Merl, i watch bc i can and i say dumb **** sometimes too bc i can, we won who dat happy thanksgiving

I think icing the kicker is lame, no matter who does it

yeah i saw it and it was late...thank god to that right? next time let's just let him attempt the 59 yrd attempt.

He should've learned his lesson after the ATL game and never do it again. He did it last year in the AZ game too. Luckily Rackers missed two in a row. He is cursed when it comes to icing the kicker.

Exactly what I thought. I absolutely HATE when coaches do that crap. That last second timeout is not going to make one difference if that kicker makes or misses it. If he misses it then he was going to miss it anyway and your timeout meant nothing but now you are stuck with regret over calling it. If he makes it and you called a timeout, you just got lucky.

The problem with doing that, IMO, is that gives Dallas a chance to rethink that decision. We've seen other teams make that mistake with us.

They would certainly have gone for it on 4th had we called timeout.

Yep that is another reason I hate it. If it is outside it gives the kicker a second chance to figure out which way he needs to hook or slice it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom