Payton says he's closer to being "a lot" worried about the secondary than he is to not being worried; says the breakdowns are a "$6 mil" question (1 Viewer)

Jenkins was brought in to be the leader and help fix the communication issues on defense. That hasn't happened so I could see Payton not being happy about that. While Jenkins has had some miserable moments, Williams continues to be the weak link.

Until we can bring in a new FS, Allen needs to simplify the calls in the secondary as they simply can't handle the mental aspect of it.
Payton probably got tunnel vision for bringing back Jenkins and in the process let Vonn Bell go, thus repeating his Jenkins mistake.

I doubt Payton does anything mid-season, but if you're Dennis Allen and Aaron Glenn, you're sweating profusely now.
Why? Allen and Glenn can coach up til the cows come home and they still go and screw things up on the field. Problem is we have no depth with the ability to replace the underperformers.

Remember Steve Spagnuolo? We ran him out of town calling him the worse DC ever. He went to KC with the same scheme and won a championship with them. Coaches can only do so much before you have to hold the scrub players accountable (looking at you, Marcus).

I believe Williams needs a fresh start. That Vikings wiff really did a job on him and as talented as he is I believe he should be given a fresh start somewhere else.
That being said another move would need to be made to acquire a replacement.

I believe Williams needs a fresh start. That Vikings wiff really did a job on him and as talented as he is I believe he should be given a fresh start somewhere else.
That being said another move would need to be made to acquire a replacement.

Agreed. The team definitely gave him tons of time and room to grow and develop following his mistake in Minnesota. But it seems like the light just hasn't come on for him.

There's gotta be some bad blood between Wade Phillips and SP. Wade does not create locker room turmoil like G3. Wade is the best. Bring him in for half a season to run the defense or as a senior consultant with playcalling rights if SP wants to keep DA. Apparently, we are all in this year on a SB and next year is cap hell. Go get Wade!

Jenkins was brought in to be the leader and help fix the communication issues on defense. That hasn't happened so I could see Payton not being happy about that. While Jenkins has had some miserable moments, Williams continues to be the weak link.

Until we can bring in a new FS, Allen needs to simplify the calls in the secondary as they simply can't handle the mental aspect of it.

The weak link is Allen ! William is bad but Latt and CJ are just as bad big in a new coach with some authority and detail minded

There's gotta be some bad blood between Wade Phillips and SP. Wade does not create locker room turmoil like G3. Wade is the best. Bring him in for half a season to run the defense or as a senior consultant with playcalling rights if SP wants to keep DA. Apparently, we are all in this year on a SB and next year is cap hell. Go get Wade!

I agree Bring him in even if it’s not to call plays but to be the eyes and detail it’s clear DA needs help

well Wade is 73 years old. I’m perfectly fine with bringing him in in some capacity. I’m not sure he wants to at this point though.

I totally agree but I think Wade will likely stay retired....

M.Jenkins salary is 6.2 mil also
Oh you know Payton deep down would much rather have that $6million spent on offense for another shiny decoy for Josh Hill play action screens. I kid, I kid.....🤗

Why? Allen and Glenn can coach up til the cows come home and they still go and screw things up on the field. Problem is we have no depth with the ability to replace the underperformers.

Remember Steve Spagnuolo? We ran him out of town calling him the worse DC ever. He went to KC with the same scheme and won a championship with them. Coaches can only do so much before you have to hold the scrub players accountable (looking at you, Marcus).
And he won a super bowl as DC with the NY giants before coming here. So basically he has succeeded everywhere as a DC except here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom