Payton says job is still open!!! (1 Viewer)

I'm not saying I want him. I'm purely spectating...but I think the "mystery candidate" is Parcells. He ran a 3-4 scheme, and Payton probably wouldn't want the media circus that comes with announcing that Parcells is interviewing. I personally want Ryan, but that's just me...

Parcells is didn't step in to fill SP's open HC job, why would he take a step down to be the DC? His HoF eligibility would start over again, and I really doubt he'd want that.

It's not a mystery candidate. They probably have a short list of coordinators or position coaches and they're just trying to get permission to interview. It's a mystery most likely because they haven't received permission from anyone.

I know.

Why would anyone want the wingman of one of the top 3-4 Defensive coordinators in football.:idunno:

We'd much rather have a retread who's already been fired once by Romeo Crennell and has brought terrible run defenses everywhere he's been when our focus in switching to the 3-4 was supposedly to bolster the front 7.

Neither situation is a guarantee for success.

Sean McDermott was someone people on here screamed for, because he was a Jim Johnson "disciple". He flamed out hard in Philly.

Now he's the DC for Carolina, but it's really the HC's defense.

Sometimes a wingman is just a good wingman.

Parcells is didn't step in to fill SP's open HC job, why would he take a step down to be the DC? His HoF eligibility would start over again, and I really doubt he'd want that.

Can your HoF eligibility really start over if youre already in it?

USM fired Tommy West this last season as DC. He is available, but wait, he ran the No-Man Defense. :rolleyes:

Nah, dude, they aren't going to kick him out of the HOF if he coached again.

Nah, dude, they aren't going to kick him out of the HOF if he coached again.
Exactly this. Marv Levy became a GM for the Bills well after his enshrinement. I don't think they took his bust down during that period.

I haven't kept track of who got into the HoF this year, been too busy with work. My mistake, just remember that was one of the sticking points of him taking the interim HC job.

And grass is green!!!

Not mine

not if your color blind

Sure it is!

Rayleigh_sunlight_scattering.png

2-4 candidates, therefore Ryan accounts for 2.5 of the candidates only 1.5 candidates left if Payton is being truthful and has his ducks in a row.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom