Payton say's Saints will use 2-QB approach against Seahawks (1 Viewer)

All this means to me is that Taysom will be starting soon.

There is no way you put Teddy and Hill playing QB in the same game and leave with any other inclination than having Hill as the starter is the best chance we have to win.
Because that’s exactly what happened when Payton put Hill in the game at the same time as Drew

Let’s not put too much stock into these things just yet. CSP is going to do whatever he can to put this team in the best position to win. But the players have to go out and execute. This isn’t an ideal situation. Let’s see how it unfolds.

Taysom Hill was giving an interview one of the reporters said Sean Payton told him that they’ll plan to use both QB’s for this upcoming game. What do ya’ll think. The question is on the 51 second mark.

That’s a good interview. It was embedded in an article I just finished. I tell you this, no matter what else anybody thinks, these are two easy guys to pull for. If we are grading on character, we have as good a QB corps as there’s ever been. Selfless leaders.

“It’s all about doing whatever we can to help this team win,” Bridgewater said. “So whether it’s Taysom out there making plays or it’s me out there making plays, it’s all about the team.

“We both have our skill set. We can bring something different to the table. Whether it’s generating plays to use Taysom, or generating plays to use me, we just want to do all we can to help this team win.”

I think it's a great idea, gives them more to have to prepare for...
Not only that but even when Brees was playing we should have been unleashing Taysom throwing more. Teams are ready for the run when he is in now. We have to add that threat of a pass more.

I was saying this tho. I think he could do the same thing he did during preseason. Have Teddy in the first half and then Taysom in the second. I thought that's what he was gonna do during the last game but I guess he was still trying to figure it out and everybody was shell shocked over Brees being injured.

Payton found a way to use a whole lot of words to reveal nothing. He is showing exactly how much of his hand he has to. And I doubt you will see much of both of them on the field at one time but there is no reason they won't if it fits in to what they think will win. Just because Teddy lines up at receiver doesn't mean your running in his direction any more than it did for Drew. All you need is for him to draw a guy out there with him. You could even see a direct snap to AK. I doubt you see that look this game but it wouldn't surprise me at all if you saw it before this stretch is over.

I didn't realize that having realistic expectations disqualified one from watching their team. Scorching hot take here ?

It’s like you’ve forgotten about LJH already. We’ll see what you’ve got when he’s hoisting the Lombardi on Sunday.

Wow. Let's see him actually complete a few passes in a real game first, ok?

I understand the excitement about Hill but the confidence some have is really premature. Even if he ends up playing well, there’s nothing to base that on right now other than feeling. From all the hype, you wouldn’t know we are talking about an undrafted QB, with only a couple of years in the league, who has never started a game. What should the expectations be?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom