Payton say's Saints will use 2-QB approach against Seahawks (1 Viewer)

I don't think the math works on this one.

Brees = 50
TB = 7
TH = 12

This is no way to get 7 and 12 to equal 50.

TH plays 30% TB 70%

(7 * .7) + (12 * .3) = 4.9 + 3.6 = 8.5

TH play 70% TB 30%

(12 * .7) + (7 * .3) = 8.4 + 2.1 = 10.5

TH play 85% TB 15%

(12 * .85) + (7 * .15) = 10.2 + 1.05 = 11.25

Maybe there's some voodoo math that SP uses

No matter how you add it up there is really no good option but maybe the ball takes a couple of funny bounces - i guess you never really know.

Either way if one is having success it would be hard to go to the other especially from Hill to TB considering Hill has lot of success on the move

Big picture this isn’t about getting through one game so “gimmicks “ won’t last

Brees = 50
TB = 7
TH = 12

This is no way to get 7 and 12 to equal 50.

TH plays 30% TB 70%

(7 * .7) + (12 * .3) = 4.9 + 3.6 = 8.5

TH play 70% TB 30%

(12 * .7) + (7 * .3) = 8.4 + 2.1 = 10.5

TH play 85% TB 15%

(12 * .85) + (7 * .15) = 10.2 + 1.05 = 11.25

No matter how you add it up there is really no good option but maybe the ball takes a couple of funny bounces - i guess you never really know.

Any formula is useless without 28-3 somewhere in it!

I didn't realize that having realistic expectations disqualified one from watching their team. Scorching hot take here ?

This board just suffers from group think anyone who has any opinion differing from the accepted opinion is ridiculed.

I use this board for updates because there are some dedicated posters who work hard to keep everyone informed but whenever I rarely post I usually end up regretting it.

If you are apprehensive about the dual QB usage this Sunday then posters here will claim you hate the Saints and shouldn't watch.

There is no discussion. There is no debate.

It's sad

This is a pretty loaded stat though. Both Drew and Taysom play quarterback according to the depth cah

Yes, I think that's kind of the point of the stat. Payton could run a lot of the Taysom plays he ran with Drew while Teddy is out on the field too and all this talk of dual QB usage becomes business as usual. IMO there is a high likelihood of this being just Payton gamesmanship.

If you are apprehensive about the dual QB usage this Sunday then posters here will claim you hate the Saints and shouldn't watch.

What do you think? Are we gonna see anything really different re dual QB usage or just same type plays with Taysom as when Drew was on the field? The real question for me is how many snaps will Taysom take at QB without Teddy on the field?

Not only that but even when Brees was playing we should have been unleashing Taysom throwing more. Teams are ready for the run when he is in now. We have to add that threat of a pass more.

I think we definitely will now...especially if Teddy struggles. It gives us a look at Taysom’s passing without benching Teddy.

Any formula is useless without 28-3 somewhere in it!

My mistake - here are the corrected numbers:

Brees = 56
TB = 3
TH = 28

This is no way to get 3 and 28 to equal 56.

TH plays 30% TB 70%

(3 * .7) + (28 * .3) = 2.1 + 8.4= 10.5

TH play 70% TB 30%

(28 * .7) + (3 * .3) = 19.6 + .9 = 20.5

TH play 85% TB 15%

(28 * .85) + (3 * .15) = 23.8 + .45 = 24.25

Yes, I think that's kind of the point of the stat. Payton could run a lot of the Taysom plays he ran with Drew while Teddy is out on the field too and all this talk of dual QB usage becomes business as usual. IMO there is a high likelihood of this being just Payton gamesmanship.

What do you think? Are we gonna see anything really different re dual QB usage or just same type plays with Taysom as when Drew was on the field? The real question for me is how many snaps will Taysom take at QB without Teddy on the field?

I think it's possible that Payton isn't saying anything of value like most here believe.

I also think it is possible that by saying we are going into this game with two QBs is telling. I don't believe what we did with Drew/Taysom was really a two QB approach. We will probably see more of Taysom in this game than we ever have, particularly if the offense is as ineffective as it was last Sunday.

There is no discussion. There is no debate.

This is the case in all forms of discourse today.

However, I’ll say this for SR — I don’t think it’s insanely toxic here. I think there are enough “old school” Saints fans and “new school” Saints fans to keep things balanced and interesting.

We have to keep in mind that after the ending of last season and the incredibly unfortunate start to this season, that the frustration and angst is really high right now among ALL Saints fans.

For the first time since 2006, there’s what you could classify as a QB Controversy among fans. So much of this is pushed by the anxiety of Brees’ injury, the unknown aspects of his recovery and the lofty expectations for this team.

We’re all filled with anxiety and angst. We all just want to have some success until Drew can come back.

I think once some of this plays out, the fans will settle back and things on SR will return more to what we are used to seeing.

I don't see anywhere that actually has Payton saying we're using two QB's in the game. The only thing that could confuse someone in thinking that is "We’ll approach this game with two quarterbacks and we’ll see where we’re at with it. We’ll have the right plan relative to what those guys are going to be doing".

That doesn't say they'll both play QB....this is Payton being very sly in his word choices.

I think people are hearing what they want to hear and throwing everything else out. Payton is making sure he does not give up any offensive indication to Seattle because right now the more junk he can feed them the better for the saints.
The Payton comment about a 2 QB approach could very well mean that he has two QB available for the game so he has to look at Taysom's role as the #2 QB the same as every team does for their #2. He is the next man up and no one behind him so he has to protect him more from unnecessary injury which would likely take him out of special teams. As the #2, Taysom is not as expendable as he was as the "freak".

TB has the experience and the contract and he is the starter until he physically can't play. Payton is looking at this stretch to just hold it all together so that they have a chance when Brees returns. This week especially, he want to steal a win to get the team back to believing they can win without Brees so he is not going to go all crazy with a rotating QB system. The offense has to develop a rythym and you can't do that in the NFL with rotating QB's.

Gee thnx Stewart. Really needed to be reminded of that ?
You said it would be painful to watch. LC said he’s a “realist” and that it’s the mostly likely outcome. If you’re going to have such a negative mindset going in, why watch? I’m going to watch and hope for the best and NOT try to drag others down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom