Payton say's Saints will use 2-QB approach against Seahawks (1 Viewer)

i think Payton is looking for an offense spark and who ever can motivate the team and get the players going will finish the game.

This board just suffers from group think anyone who has any opinion differing from the accepted opinion is ridiculed.

I use this board for updates because there are some dedicated posters who work hard to keep everyone informed but whenever I rarely post I usually end up regretting it.

If you are apprehensive about the dual QB usage this Sunday then posters here will claim you hate the Saints and shouldn't watch.

There is no discussion. There is no debate.

It's sad

It's amusing to me that people who say the board suffers from "group think" with no debates, always complain when their opinion is argued against and not accepted. I mean, if the board suffered from "group think" wouldn't everyone either agree or disagree with you? Yet, there are many who think you are wrong and said it. Along with many who think you are right and said it.

I don't think there is a single Saints' fan who isn't apprehensive about what will happen at QB with Brees out. There is just disagreement over what the best option is while he is out. Some think Bridgewater. Some think Hill. Some think a combination of the two. Personally, I think the best option is to start Bridgewater and have him play most of the snaps. But, give Hill more QB snaps that you usually do when Brees is in the game and let Hill throw the ball more in hopes of generating some big plays and opening up some running lanes for Hill and the RBs. But, either way, I'm apprehensive about QB production with Brees out.

Oh great...yeah the 2 quarterback system works great...that's why everyone always does it***

I mean, we have done it for the last couple years pretty successfully. I don't take what Payton said to mean much more than that Hill will continue to get snaps at QB just like he did when Brees was starting. I think he may get a few more snaps and get a few throws since you aren't taking throws away from a future HoF QB, but I wouldn't read any more into what Payton said. Really, he was just making sure that Seattle had to prepare for both QBs. There is no advantage in telling them they only need to prepare for one QB.

Last edited:
You said it would be painful to watch. LC said he’s a “realist” and that it’s the mostly likely outcome. If you’re going to have such a negative mindset going in, why watch? I’m going to watch and hope for the best and NOT try to drag others down.

Dude wth are u talking about? I can't speak for LC but I didn't drag anyone down. It actually would be painful to watch if they both play terribly but I didn't imply that it'll actually happen. I just said there's a chance it could, which there is. It wasn't coming from a negative mindset. Chill th out

I mean, we have done it for the last couple years pretty successfully. I don't take what Payton said to mean much more than that Hill will continue to get snaps at QB just like he did when Brees was starting. I think he may get a few more snaps and get a few throws since you aren't taking throws away from a future HoF QB, but I wouldn't real any more into what Payton said. Really, he was just making sure that Seattle had to prepare for both QBs. There is no advantage in telling them they only need to prepare for one QB.
That “FEW MORE” quite of yours is the KEY element of your post! IMHO, it could/should break down to about 50/50 but in spurts and in hurry up plays too so to not allow the sea-chickens to alternate their Defenses and adjust to the differences! I’d RUN Teddy when they “feel” we’ll pass with him in and PASS with Taysom given his accuracy ( recall the pass to Alvin which was called back for O-holding?) THAT’s the kind of game I’d love to know will be disruption which will bring us a “W”. Remember, this is our coming out party for what the next 6-8 WEEKS will be like so we MUST mix it all upside down and sideways on EVERY opponent we face and they’ll NEVER KNOW what’s up Coach’s sleeves!

Dude wth are u talking about? I can't speak for LC but I didn't drag anyone down. It actually would be painful to watch if they both play terribly but I didn't imply that it'll actually happen. I just said there's a chance it could, which there is. It wasn't coming from a negative mindset. Chill th out
No. You didnt. He did. I’m sorry for the confusion on that. LC has a history of being negative. We need to guard ourselves against that and simply support the team. This is a tough situation, whatever happens, happens. I’m sure you can agree on that.

Don’t we already run a 2-QB system with Drew and Taysom?

I’d expect Taysom to get a few more reps. But this really isn’t any grand revelation.

Don’t we already run a 2-QB system with Drew and Taysom?

I’d expect Taysom to get a few more reps. But this really isn’t any grand revelation.

Nothing like what I think we're going to see on Sunday.

No. You didnt. He did. I’m sorry for the confusion on that. LC has a history of being negative. We need to guard ourselves against that and simply support the team. This is a tough situation, whatever happens, happens. I’m sure you can agree on that.

Fosho bro. Peace ?

No surprise at all...

How many have had their first string toss a TD to the 3rd string? I like the Steve Young comparisons, and may be biased due to the fits he gave the dome patrol, but since that era of Young/Cunningham/Vick/et al there really haven't been many mobile QB's with great success OTHER than Wilson.

I like our odds, but Seattle's D practices against a mobile QB. It comes down to execution.

How many have had their first string toss a TD to the 3rd string? I like the Steve Young comparisons, and may be biased due to the fits he gave the dome patrol, but since that era of Young/Cunningham/Vick/et al there really haven't been many mobile QB's with great success OTHER than Wilson.

I like our odds, but Seattle's D practices against a mobile QB. It comes down to execution.

I agree. On the other side of the ball I'm feeling good about our D line against Seattle's O line. However, we do need to get back to stopping the run and sound tackling like last year. That leaves us back to our defensive backfield's ability to stop the big pass play - something Wilson excels at outside of the pocket. We need to rush him but keep him contained in the pocket as much as possible.

I have some insider info and it’ll mostly be Bridgewater. Pretty awesome source but I really can’t say

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom