Payton sets the record straight about the Saints and Michael Thomas (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think he's annoyed by the rumor by the sound of that tweet, but certainly didn't quash it.

When I read the thread title I was expecting Sean saying something like "there is no way we are going to trade Michael Thomas".
"Insiders on the Outside where they belong"

Is pretty much the samething.. They don't know anything.

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
I think he's annoyed by the rumor by the sound of that tweet, but certainly didn't quash it.

When I read the thread title I was expecting Sean saying something like "there is no way we are going to trade Michael Thomas".
I think even if Payton said that you and others would turn around and say "Payton is pump faking. I'm even more convinced MT is gone." :biglol:

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
So we would incur $20 million in dead money next year if we trade him. I think that answers the question.
imho, one thing Sean Payton has learned and now embraces fully is a tight, cohesive locker room of team players. If MT is or becomes a cancer, I doubt there is anything that would keep Sean Payton from getting rid of MT. Parcells ran his teams exactly like that.

someone

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can tell you directly from the team staff, to date there has not been any thoughts of trading him.

He got in a fight. It was handled afterwards. He was set to explode on the field and then suffered the set back. That's it. He'll play when healthy again and be our 1a/1b with AK.

Please end this circus.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)