Payton talks!! (Merged Regarding Vilma, Smith, Harper, and Rob Ryan) (1 Viewer)

His commitment will last about that long as someone shows up in FA, and the Saints don't have the money to get that player who they desperately need.

Then watch how fast will Sean Payton starts to dump our high priced vets, who no longer contribute...I expect W Smith & Harper to be cut first.

But now this is the talking season......

These three players have yet to restructure, I still think they can be casualties come March 12th, all but Harper fit the scheme and with guys like Hicks, Johnson, Richardson and Walker we have the bodies to replace Smith snaps and Hawthorne would fit better ijnthe middle with Lofton and Chamberlin is depth...we don't need to hang on to Vilma.....either way, I just want a resolution...soon.

Classic Payton, he says nothing at all.

Ive always called that zero speak. You have a + at the beginning of the sentence, and a - at the end, and it ends up equaling zero. Politicians excel at zero speak, glad to see it isnt lost on coach.

LOL. Even if patron says harper is a plan for the roster the harper haters still think he will get cut. I think they you guys must believe your coach payton as well. Harper will be in black, and gold this season. The same goes for vilma. I would love to see smith retire a saint but apparently free agency, and 5 draft picks could fix everything. You guys ever heard of busts? Did you guys see the dream team in philly? Did you see the results?

I would love to see us draft a good safety like vacarro, and see what happens. Cutting all 3 players would be naive. Maybe if there was an actual replacement you could trust then yes, but in our case no. Keep dreaming. This ain't madden where all free agents turn a team around.

Let the red thumbs come!

Our defense has never been great, so cutting players is fairly safe, doubt we cut a defensive player that goes somewhere and makes the pro bowl. hmm, well Jo Lonn Dunbar might, but most of us could see he was a good player, the coaches just couldn't.

Yeah I think Payton wants them here, trying to put a good spin on what I believe will end up being cuts. Funny thing is it always seems that in the end the Saints will still end up paying more than any other team would. At this point none of them are worth near what they are making, with the possible exception of Harper depending on how Ryan uses him. Of course the backups are not bad. Vilma other than his brain is worth very little from a physical standpoint. Smith to me is not what this team needs and has been milking a 64 million dollar check for too long. It's better to cut a year too soon than too late, and if they are looking to make a young aggressive defense sadly they are not really it.

well, I like everything about him. BUT NOT HIS HAIR :covri:

1. Coach was obviously disgusted with last year's defensive performance. You can still hear the sting in how he described it.
2. Sounds like he is focused on winning now and will steamroll anyone that isn't onboard with that. Pay cuts appear to be team friendly actions that will be required of Harper, Smith and Vilma in order for them to stay.
3. Coach seemed very serious about team conditioning at the end of the interview and I'm glad to see he is aware of this issue from last season. Look to see a cut if there is an out of shape player. Seems the report of Payton returning to his roots are true. Brutal training camp is coming.

Sounds like Vilma and Smith's warning to: take the reduced contract or see you later.

Its been slow around here, but things gonna heat up in the next couple of days since March 12 is the deadline for cap.

1. Coach was obviously disgusted with last year's defensive performance. You can still hear the sting in how he described it.
2. Sounds like he is focused on winning now and will steamroll anyone that isn't onboard with that. Pay cuts appear to be team friendly actions that will be required of Harper, Smith and Vilma in order for them to stay.
3. Coach seemed very serious about team conditioning at the end of the interview and I'm glad to see he is aware of this issue from last season. Look to see a cut if there is an out of shape player. Seems the report of Payton returning to his roots are true. Brutal training camp is coming.

Sounds like they might be going back to Milsaps then. :covri: Those camps were brutal.

I caught #3 too. He's gonna put those guys through hell. I hope they're ready.

the NFL is a business

As true as this is, I still absolutely hate hearing any level of football described this way. The game was invented to be competitive sport and that's the product that made it great and marketable. I'm still holding on to whatever shred of fair, competitive fire is left in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom