Payton talks!! (Merged Regarding Vilma, Smith, Harper, and Rob Ryan) (1 Viewer)

sheltonwhodat

Very Banned
Reaction score
@MikeTriplett: RT @LarryHolder: Payton said envisions Will Smith and Jonathan Vilma being on the roster. But he's also realistic knowing that rosters have turnover #Saints

@MikeTriplett: RT @LarryHolder: Payton tells WWL AM decisions like hiring Rob Ryan aren't based on popularity. Payton is fired up about Ryan. "I like everything about him."

Yeah, what's he gonna say, "cut those guys." It was the perfect non-answer answer. Payton has as much say about whose gonna be on that roster as my wife does about my saturdays. Yep, he has almost total control. If he wants them, Loomis will find a way. If he's doesn't, they're gone. If he's indifferent, Loomis will make the best monetary decision for the team about their futures as Saints. He sounded indifferent.

I really like Smith and Vilma but the NFL is a business and I think we really need to move on and cut our ties with these guys.

@MikeTriplett: RT @LarryHolder: Payton said envisions Will Smith and Jonathan Vilma being on the roster. But he's also realistic knowing that rosters have turnover #Saints

Translation => I want them to take a big paycut, if not they're gone.

"First off, I do envision those guys in a Saints uniform, and yet I'm also realistic and understand that every year since the beginning of free agency the percentage of players on your roster that turns over is different than it used to be," Payton said. "There was a time where you had your draft. What two or three rookies were going to beat out the veterans on a roster?

"It's different now. There's an economic factor to it. It's as simple as a household budget. If you're going to have cable and you're going to have heat, you might not be able to have something else. So you've really got to look closely at your production, you've got to look closely at your cap."

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/03/new_orleans_saints_coach_sean_223.html#incart_river

I'm not all that opposed to keepin Vilma around, but I just think Smith is passed his last leg. Besides, where would we play him? He's not very good at 3tech. He surely can't occupy blockers. And he most definetely won't b able to rush from the edge. There's just not a place for him anymore IMO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom