Payton talks!! (Merged Regarding Vilma, Smith, Harper, and Rob Ryan) (1 Viewer)

Payton "envisioned" Bush on the roster and then he was traded after it was clear a deal wouldn't get done. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days with Harper, Smith, and Vilma.

I really like Smith and Vilma but the NFL is a business and I think we really need to move on and cut our ties with these guys.
You know I really love these guys,but if they're no longer on the field with Saints helmets on, I'll have to accept it. They will always be a Saints' player.

@MikeTriplett: RT @LarryHolder: Payton said envisions Will Smith and Jonathan Vilma being on the roster. But he's also realistic knowing that rosters have turnover #Saints

@MikeTriplett: RT @LarryHolder: Payton tells WWL AM decisions like hiring Rob Ryan aren't based on popularity. Payton is fired up about Ryan. "I like everything about him."

Payton said the samething about Reggie Bush when we drafted Ingram. He said he sees a role for Reggie with Ingram in the team. And then we all saw what happened.

I think Vilma stays and Smith goes. Both are great team leaders but Smiths contract is too much for the Saints right now, for what he provides to the team. Vilma is just too smart to let go in a transition year and once his knee recovered, he got a lot better on the field.

He must be reading SR, seeing us freak out every day.

somehow i doubt...

that Sean has to go without cable or heat.... one or the other.. I doubt he has to go without Heidi[ or Trixie either (random hoochie names) :ezbill:

QUOTE=sheltonwhodat;4938826]"First off, I do envision those guys in a Saints uniform, and yet I'm also realistic and understand that every year since the beginning of free agency the percentage of players on your roster that turns over is different than it used to be," Payton said. "There was a time where you had your draft. What two or three rookies were going to beat out the veterans on a roster?

"It's different now. There's an economic factor to it. It's as simple as a household budget. If you're going to have cable and you're going to have heat, you might not be able to have something else. So you've really got to look closely at your production, you've got to look closely at your cap."

New Orleans Saints Coach Sean Payton envisions Will Smith, Jonathan Vilma, Roman Harper on 2013 roster | NOLA.com[/QUOTE]

The only solace I'm taking in this is that he specifically said 2013, and not further beyond... before I get a horde of complaints on putting words in Coach's mouth, take safety in knowing that I'm joking.

What did u expect him to say?? That he is going to cut all these players? Come on people, be real. This means nothing, move along

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom