Payton tips his hat to Reid? (1 Viewer)

I thought it was a gesture to our offense for doing a great job. He was very emotional yesterday on the sidelines, like he was back in 2006.

ESPN made it look like we was tipping his hat at Brees for his 2 TD pass to Colston.

Payton has a ton of respect for a coach like Reid, who makes a contender EVERY year.

Gotcha, so ESPN guys were hinting at something that was nothing. Guess they are always trying to start trouble.

I was watching NFL countdown on ESPN and there was a shot of Payton during the highlights taking his visor off during the game, smiling and nodding his head at the EAGLES. He then put his visor back on. Does he not care for Andy Reid? I thought that move was pretty brash for a coach during a game. Anybody else see this?

That's a strange perspective .

Without a doubt to Brees

I saw it live and I assumed (yes, assumed) that it was to Reid and the Eagles sideline. The smile was kind of sheepish like he didn't want to show it to anyone, but his smile was so big that he couldn't help it. It looked to me like it was a fun jab over to the sideline telling Reid and company that he was proud of that one and more to come.

The shot I saw was up close on SP so I couldn't tell for certain where he was directing it; although, I got a chuckle out of it. Have you seen a different angle or broader view that shows it was definitely to Brees?

I saw it live and I assumed (yes, assumed) that it was to Reid and the Eagles sideline. The smile was kind of sheepish like he didn't want to show it to anyone, but his smile was so big that he couldn't help it. It looked to me like it was a fun jab over to the sideline telling Reid and company that he was proud of that one and more to come.

The shot I saw was up close on SP so I couldn't see where he was directing it. Have you seen a different angle or broader view that shows it was definitely to Brees?

It was an "in the moment" think. I assumed too. But based on the expressions on Brees after the play, and the angle Payton seemed to be looking it seemed to be Brees. But to me the look wasn't a smirk of "see who's on top now" or a smirk that he'd throw Reid's way. To me it was almost certainly a look between friends (Drew and Payton) that know they can do what ever they want with the ball.

It was an "in the moment" think. I assumed too. But based on the expressions on Brees after the play, and the angle Payton seemed to be looking it seemed to be Brees. But to me the look wasn't a smirk of "see who's on top now" or a smirk that he'd throw Reid's way. To me it was almost certainly a look between friends (Drew and Payton) that know they can do what ever they want with the ball.

Fair enough.

The bolded part is also why I thought it could have been Reid. I seem to remember that those guys have a mutual respect for each other and possibly a friendship, so I could see a couple of guys jabbing each other in fun.

It certainly could have been to Drew, and it actually makes more sense that it was...just not as fun. :hihi:

Fair enough.

The bolded part is also why I thought it could have been Reid. I seem to remember that those guys have a mutual respect for each other and possibly a friendship, so I could see a couple of guys jabbing each other in fun.

It certainly could have been to Drew, and it actually makes more sense that it was...just not as fun. :hihi:

I think you're right about Reid and Payton's relationship, and I see what you're saying.

And I don't think it matters either way, doesn't comment on Payton's character as a coach IMO. It just seemed to me that it was directed to Brees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom