Payton Turner: Did I expect too much, too soon? (1 Viewer)

I said it awhile back with turner...go watch the game vs carolina on the road last season.

That's what you will get out of turner on the books and off the books. The guy was in full grown man mode out there moving bodies and even though he only had a sack or 1.5 sacks, 4-5 solo tackles, 3-4 were tackle for losses and a few pressures...the guy was beasting out there.

moving blockers, disrupting plays..when I watched that game live to me he stood out especially on a goal line series where he seal up his side completely...there was no movement by the pathers OL at all lol.

The thought process in the op and, indeed, in many of the posts during the game and following demonstrate exactly why fan analyses are meaningless. How anyone can place stock in a game played without so many starters on both sides of the ball or an ending featuring players who will not be suiting up outside of a crisis is beyond me.
I agree, think it’s just worrisome to some folks that he did so little against players who won’t be on any teams soon.
The Saints expected too much too soon. Turner was a consensus 3rd rounder the Saints reached on; we have a tendency to blame the player when scouting and Sean Payton missed here.
I agree with this and don’t blame the player at all. Haven’t given up on him either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom