Payton Turner is going to be BIG TIME (1 Viewer)

I didn't hold out any hope he'd be able to contribute this year given all the time he's missed.

I think we're looking at another Davenport freak athlete with Turner having better instincts.

That's a scary thought.
Was that Turner that came off a block and dove over a bunch of people in the middle like Hicks used to do?

His first snap he blew up the LT who left the field immediately after due to injury
After rewatching I stand corrected it was his 6th snap his first snap was a TFL. He's STRONG STRONG! Like We need to get him Davenport and Jordan on the field at all times STRONG! I knew he excelled at speed rushing but his power was way under sold!

I didn't hold out any hope he'd be able to contribute this year given all the time he's missed.

I think we're looking at another Davenport freak athlete with Turner having better instincts.

That's a scary thought.
I feel like Turner is right now What Davenport would be if he played DE all his career. Turner needs to get over the jitters he played excited and nervous but he's the real deal boys, limited pro reps he shined.

It amazes me how much he’s played over the years at such a high level, at such a high impact position. He’s been an amazing player to watch all these years and my hat’s off to him.
It really is incredible how durable he's been. If you look at it from a return on investment point of view, Cam Jordan is up there with anyone the Saints have drafted. The guy has played at a Pro Bowl/All Pro level for a decade without missing a game at one of the most physically demanding positions in sports.

And Cam has been able to put up consistent numbers regardless of who was playing DE opposite him. There for a few years after Junior's beach party things got weird at DE. Remember Bobby Richardson? Lol what was that all about? The guy comes in and starts his rookie season before disappearing off of the face of the earth. It didn't matter to Cam though. The man recorded 10 Sacks.

If Dav and/or Turner can stay healthy then I think they'll help Jordan get the most out of his remaining years.

It really is incredible how durable he's been. If you look at it from a return on investment point of view, Cam Jordan is up there with anyone the Saints have drafted. The guy has played at a Pro Bowl/All Pro level for a decade without missing a game at one of the most physically demanding positions in sports.

And Cam has been able to put up consistent numbers regardless of who was playing DE opposite him. There for a few years after Junior's beach party things got weird at DE. Remember Bobby Richardson? Lol what was that all about? The guy comes in and starts his rookie season before disappearing off of the face of the earth. It didn't matter to Cam though. The man recorded 10 Sacks.

If Dav and/or Turner can stay healthy then I think they'll help Jordan get the most out of his remaining years.
Man I’d forgotten all about Bobby. And I agree about Cam, it’s truly remarkable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom