Payton would have work with greg williams if he went to coach the rams (1 Viewer)

hardheadjungle

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Just watch it on good morning football, the rams planned on keeping greg williams as they're defensive coordinator, so he can the defense intact. Lol i guess that's why payton decided to stay.

Payton decided to stay in NOLA because it is a better job with a better QB and a much higher chance of making it back to the playoffs/Superbowl. It had nothing to do with Gregg Williams. LoL.

Even with all of the talk that arose this offseason (for the 3rd year in a row, mind you), I've never felt the Rams were a good fit. To me, Denver or San Diego would be better/more likely destinations than to LA. This year I felt the LA thing was more of a media push than anything. I mean sure, how many teams wouldn't be interested in a SB winning coach with one of the highest active win percentages?

So what it boils down to is they wanted Williams more than Payton? You mean they value a defensive coordinator over the development of the face of their franchise with a new head coach? Not buying it.

PAYTON AND WILLIAMS in LA .....................

"championship"

Sean and his agent be like

post-25810-nevermind-gif-IT-Crowd-Imgur-yvca.gif

Just watch it on good morning football, the rams planned on keeping greg williams as they're defensive coordinator, so he can the defense intact. Lol i guess that's why payton decided to stay.

It's not out of the question for Williams to return, but nothing I've seen suggests that he's been given any assurance that they want him back. The doors blew off the Rams defense at the end of the year: opponent scoring in their last 6 games (starting with ours) was 49, 26, 42, 24, 22, 44. And thus:

Rams cut loose entire coaching staff as head coach search begins | NFL | Sporting News

Report: Rams assistant coaches all free to seek new jobs: Los Angeles Rams have no interest in retaining their current coaching staff. | CBSSports.com

Interesting thought...Payton as head coach with no power on the defensive side...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom