Paytons does not like change {merged} (1 Viewer)

IMHO, Payton has done an excellent job of remaking this team. He is an NFL level coach for a reason.

To say these changes are obvious is interesting. Are you privy to the inner workings of the team? Have you been to the practices daily to observe these guys? Game day observation is only a small piece of the information that a coach draws on to decide who to play when.

So I'm just wondering what criteria you are using to make these sweeping determinations.

Perhaps we should fire Payton and go to an all-fan coaching staff...

bullocks?? hahahahaha he is the worst db on the team. You need to watch a few games before making a post like this

If the O could hold onto the ball none of this would matter.

Exactly. Our defense isn't great but its not that horrible. It held Cincinatti's offense to only 10 points until about halfway through the 4th quarter. If the offense wouldn't have thrown at least 14 points with INTs in the endzone we would have been easily winning that game in the 4th quarter and we wouldn't even be discussing our defense right now.

If you knew anything about football and have been watching the same thing I am watching you would see that moves need to be made also. I am a fan with football knowledge and it hurts to see this kind of stuff. At some point you have understand that change is not all that bad O Stoutmire is a Joke he has never been good a career back up. Simmy is not made for the Middle ask the eagles , Fred Thomas is slow ask Chad Johnson, maybe fred might be a decent FS.

Obvious to you, a fan. Maybe not so obvious to the coaches who have access to info we don't.

BTW, starting multiple threads on a single subject is frowned upon. See Posting Guidelines. I merged your other thread on Stoutmire and Simoneau with this one.

BThomas, it is not obvious to most on this board. It is easy to root for the underdog or understudy, but the coaches see these guys 6 days a week and at this point there is no reason for me to conclude that Coach Payton does not know what he is doing. If he had a better option, I believe he would have already gone to it. The fact is IMO that this team did the best they could in FA and the draft and they are now having to play with the best players available on the active roster.
I have watched this team for 40 years and can honestly state that I have not been more encouraged in many years. The draft was outstanding, the FA group overall is an inprovement over players they replaced, and the coaching staff has gotten this team for the most part to play hard for 60 minutes. Not a person would have predicted we at this point in the season would be talking possible playoffs and have 6 wins under out belts.
We may not be as good as we thought, but we ar far better a team than most, if not everyone, thought before the season started. Lets cut Coach Payton some slack!

Every week their something different that you look at,
It is funny how some of you who have know football knowledge can say something and it is alright but someone who knows soemthing about football says something and you have something to say

You can accuse Payton of a lot of things, but afraid of change isn't one of them. That became obvious when he sent a first round draft pick packing for a seventh round draft pick.

While I agree I never understood why Clark was not the starter, except that he came to the team so late (I mean he had over 100 tackles last year for the raiders and is known as one heck of a run stopper) the rest of the list just does not make sense.

Unfortuantly we lose Roman Harper, hence why we have stoutmire in the game, but who else do we play. Bullocks is young, switching him to SS could severly hurt his development which is going well so far.

Craft proved the weeks thomas was out that he is not the answer at the #2 corner.

And our DL is playing their best ball in the last few years, so why go shake up a UNIT.

What many fans don't understand is that things like DLs are units that work together and so while 1 player may not be making a lot of tackles, etc he can still be playing his role within that unit.

Iappreciate what is going on, but i do not want to just sit around and do nothing, their is surely a problem some coaches just do not like to change and admit that they were wrong, Bellamy is not stating because they cut him and then brought him back, so if they start him instead of Stoutmire, then everyone will be saying well why did cut him in the first place etc. Sometimes admitting you are wrong is good, just like they only want to use M lewis as a return man and I know he can do better than Copper.

i have faith that coach payton is playing the best players at each position....

IMHO, Payton has done an excellent job of remaking this team. He is an NFL level coach for a reason.

To say these changes are obvious is interesting. Are you privy to the inner workings of the team? Have you been to the practices daily to observe these guys? Game day observation is only a small piece of the information that a coach draws on to decide who to play when.

So I'm just wondering what criteria you are using to make these sweeping determinations.

Perhaps we should fire Payton and go to an all-fan coaching staff...

i have faith that coach payton is playing the best players at each position....

What they said.

B Thomas, you may get better responses if you change the title (just a suggestion). "Payton does not like change" may not generate spirited discussion considering that all that he has done up to this point. I say this because I think that you make some good points, a couple that I agree with, but it's difficult to get beyond the blanket "coach does not like change".

It is clearly obvious that Clark needs to be in the middle.
It is clearly obvious Stoutmire needs to be benched
It is obvious Fred Thomas does not have it anymore
Mckensie needs to be on the best Receiver
Lake needs to replce young
In other words D Clark needs to replace M Simoneaux, Jay bellamy needs to replace Stoutmire, or put Bullocks at SS and put Scott at FS, and start Lake instead of young clearly more active when he is in. Start Craft or Groce instead of F THOMAS, AT least they have the speed to catch up if they are beat, Thomas is to slow.
I hope he make the changes before it is to late.
I agree about Stoutmire

Freddie needs a little help from the safeties. Nobody should be expected to cover Chad Johson one on one and Bullocks is just as much to blame as the CB. (If not more so. FT is a good corner.

You want to start Craft?! He's more useless than Stoutmire. At least Stoutmire will give support on running plays. Craft is horrible!!

McKenzie hit or miss. Some games he looks good others he really stinks it up. You never know what you're going to get.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom