Payton's drive and motivation (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just looking to see people's opinion about Sean Payton's drive for coaching and motivation on being successful.

Do you think he is in cruise control till retirement?

Do you think other teams figured him out?

or is our talent just bad or individual position coaching is bad?

Also, do you think Payton could be gone by the end of this season if the season continues in this direction?

Note: This is not a SP hate-bashing thread. I just want a good discussion on everyones feelings on Payton's coaching as of the last 3 years till now.

Thanks y'all and WHO DAT?!

I think he just needs to quit being so stubborn on defense and give up the keys completely. Same on special teams. Admit he is the offensive genius he is and then delegate.

Edit: delegate to new coaches. I think we need to just clean house on defense coaching and special teams staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hire a DC that actually knows how to field a defense with a clear vision and also knows how to pick their personnel. Like the GW hire. SP went after a proven coach and GW demanded full control. GW's defense was not the best in the league, nor did he have the best personnel, but it was a good compliment to our offense

Hire a DC that actually knows how to field a defense with a clear vision and also knows how to pick their personnel. Like the GW hire. SP went after a proven coach and GW demanded full control. GW's defense was not the best in the league, nor did he have the best personnel, but it was a good compliment to our offense

Highest paid coach in league does not deserve a pass anymore for having worst defense.

We are lucky to have had him as a coach and without him we wouldn't have had our SB. However, my opinion is that he doesn't have that fire anymore. Maybe he knows that this team isn't very good, but there is definitely something.

I think he just needs to quit being so stubborn on defense and give up the keys completely. Same on special teams. Admit he is the offensive genius he is and then delegate.

Edit: delegate to new coaches. I think we need to just clean house on defense coaching and special teams staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mostly this.

Payton is the defacto football GM. It's too much on his plate and he's not good at it. He's got the anti-midas touch on defense, with bad hires and indecision on scheme and poor management overall. And he's compromised special teams by accepting mediocrity

He needs help but I don't see a scenario where he sticks around as HC managing mainly the offense and game time decisions and others owning the other phases.

But he needs to delegate and he needs someone to answer to. Otherwise this run is done. He won't right the defense or special teams with the people he trusted his fate to.

I think he still has the drive. It's just that he doesn't have the answers. We need better players and better coaches. It's not working.

SP needs to run the offense and that's all. He's not a good GM, he's not a good scout, he's not a good judge of coaching talent, he's not a good defensive mind, etc. That's fine. Let him be there HC/OC, let other people handle the rest.

That means fire most of the coaches. McMahon, Vitt, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom