Payton's New Fire? (1 Viewer)

SimpTown

Dan Mullen 2 Mr.Nutt 0
Reaction score
I felt it was necessary to post this after I saw the picture of Payton shaking Rex Ryan's hand.

Is it just me or does Payton seem to have more of fire of coaching this year. I mean he has always been a very emotional coach, but this season he just seems different. Whether its the Philly fans complaining about how Payton "Flipped them off and taunted them for 15 minutes" or him running on to the field and protesting the call about the timeout New York called before we converted the 4th and 1, he just seems like he has a constant evil look in his eyes. I mean he just seems like he has a new fire about him. I don't know if it is the fact that the Defense is playing lights out and we are running the ball. All I know is that I love it and we are very lucky to have him as our Coach!

These are the pictures I am talking about:

capt.8794c07fd76a47f1b771b13dea0118ad.jets_saints_football_lawh126.jpg

09000d5d81324ca3_gallery_600.jpg

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Thank you for making this thread. I was going to do it soon if someone hadn't.

It's not just you. I noticed it too. I feel that for all the credit we give Drew Brees, Greg Williams, Pierre Thomas and others the person truly responsible for this is that man right there. There's something different about him this year. It's almost as if in the past, the numbers and stats meant more to him than they do now. I think he really has grown up and realized what a winning gameplan in this league is supposed to entail. Before now, it always seemed to be about our strengths, and I think he realized that it's not just about your strengths, but rather: your opponent's weakness. It's never been more obvious that he's putting the team and winning ahead of accolades, stats, and everything else superficial. Sure, the 2006-2008 Sean Payton wanted to win.. but perhaps not at ALL costs. This year, winning is the ONLY thing on his mind and he's not at ALL worried about what fantasy owners/media thinks about it. He really has grown up in my eyes and it's pretty impressive to see him evolve from the fearless/aggressive up-and-coming coach into the truly elite coach he is.

The moment I heard he went into his pockets to help the team this year by bringing in Williams, I felt like something special could happen. We now see what he saw in Williams and why it was so important to him to bring him here. No matter what comes of this season and how the Saints finish, this is the man I want coaching this team for as long as he has the desire to do so.

Wow - if a glare could say "I just smoked your eye", that'd be it.

I think he knows we have something special. I also think he knows that we'll be in the thick of things for many years to come. Sean Payton built this team, and its finally coming together the way he wants it. Lets be honest, as good as our D is, I dont think we've scratched the surface. I think we're a DT, LB, and a safety away from truly being a defensive force, but our guys are doing the damn thing. We're all over these teams with the guys we have, and I think thats because of our coaches.

If you guys recall, in 2006, SP took no prisoners. I remember the cameras catching him calling out numerous players on the sidelines when they made a mistake. IMO, its not belittleing a person, its making them realize they are an important piece and what they do affects the other 44 guy, so focus and get it right. With all the Reggie haters we have, Im sure you guys remember SP chewing Reggie's arse after a costly fumble, IIRC, in the Philly regular season game.

Well the last 2 years, he got away from that. It boils down to accountability. IMO, Gregg Williams is the reason SP has gone back to holding players personally accountable for their play. GW has brought a fire about him and he doesnt care if your a 1st round pick or an UDFA, if your in the game, you will produce or be held accountable. GW brought a hard nose attitude that SP always had, I just feel SPs attitude and fire drifted off w/ the team. SP became finesse, so did our squad.

I really think SP has had enough and is fed up with the complacency and figures if I gave up $250,000 to give you guys the best chance of winning, then you guys will produce and be held accountable. I think everyone in the FO, including coaches and players, knows and realizes that we have assembled a great core group in their prime and the time is now to win a SB.

Its about leadership and accountability and I agree, Im glad he is our coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom