Payton's Press Conference Today, Plus Joe, Drew, & Jim Henderson (1 Viewer)

I think Jim is great, I don't care who's alongside of him because him alone is worth listening to, I call him the Jim Lampley of Football. I love how he gets so excited when a big play happens.....

Henderson does show a lot of excitement, however, he canbe frustrating to listen to sometimes.

On running plays he would understate or overstate the success of the play, for example;

1. Duece get the call, and there isn't much running room, they stop him for a 5, no six yard gain.

2. Brees gives it to Deuce, he has a little bit of running room, he is tackle by ---------,... he gets a 2 yard gain.

It remains of Ed Rooney who call play by play for the 2005 World Series Champions Chicago White Sox, he would say, this is hit deep............ Matsui catches itright in front of the warning track for the last out of inning.

Keep in mind, Rooney and Farmer wers an award winning combination. Although the above was the exception to the rule,...Henderson i still doing it routinely.

On the upside, I lke his energy,.... Hokie doesn't bother me,..his tangents can get tiring, but it all that different than how Madden used to be with Summaral.

During the interview of Deuce my comment I sent in to WWL on a poll of what you thought the Saints record would be. I had voted 11-5 stating that "THe Saints would lose ONE more game due to the inevitable tipped ball, bad carry. The coaching is fantastic and Drew Brees is playing almost perfect football."

KOOL!!!....................... scrolled under Deuce during his interview

Some vindication from Jim for us posters who've been saying for weeks that the lack of running, especially with Deuce, was a factor in the recent losses by the Saints. It's reassuring to know that we've got a HC who is sharp enough and humble enough to look in the mirror and see when he needs to change up his playcalling. He could have said that the only reason we lost to Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cincy was turnovers. But he didn't settle for just the pat answer and did everything possible to correct the situation. The more I see of Payton, the more I admire him.

Excellent observation, Joseph... :bier:

How could you not like Hokie? After Beerman returned a kickoff for yet another touchdown a few years ago, Hokie said that Lewis could go rabbit hunting with a hammer. I think that's the funniest thing I've ever heard an announcer say.

I love Hokie to, he comes up with some hilarious sayings, make you say "where did he get that from??"

How about the one a few years back when he was describing Brooks scrambling around in the pocket, he was like "Brooks was running around like a sprayed roach":_rofl: :_rofl: or the one when he was describing one of the players who had gotten cut in camp, he was like "all he got was a ham sandwich and a map" ***???:_rofl:

Classic!!!!

And this is exactly why I love Hokie and Jim....it's Jim's excitement and Hokie's "Hokie-isms" that make their game coverage a true product of New Orleans....if I didn't want that stuff, I'd listen to network coverage and get the plain vanilla version. As Frank Davis would say, Jim and Hokie are "Naturally N'Awlins"! And that's what I want to listen to, even with Jim's occassional overzealousness and Hokie's tangents. They really represent the Saints and the region.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom