Payton's Press Conference Today, Plus Joe, Drew, & Jim Henderson (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Video link for Sean's Press Conference Today is on WWLTV.COM.

While you're there, see the video clip with Drew and Joe Horn, as well.

Right side of page, under WWL-TV Local News Video Center.

Also see Jim Henderson's article posted today( link on same page), "This could be the Saints' year." Nice read.

http://www.wwltv.com/

10:20 AM CST on Monday, November 27, 2006

Jim Henderson / WWL-TV Sports Director

"I think a lot of things have come together for you to think this is the team’s year. I think they are solid in every regard, especially at quarterback. Drew Brees has put up some fantastic numbers and he’s almost overlooked.

Jim Henderson

Brees wasn’t supposed to be a long ball thrower, but I recently looked at his stats and his right around 50 percent passing on balls thrown over 30 yards. Sunday, the very first pass was a beautiful long spiral that went for 76 yards. I think he can throw long as well as anybody I’ve seen in the league.

Balance good for the Saints

I think the coaches realized they had gotten out of balance on offense and they worked really hard on trying to recommit to balance this week.

From what I understand, the line practiced in the red zone this week against blocking sleds and you saw the results with Deuce going in for two scores on plays where he was virtually untouched.

No collapse here

Some people were trying to liken the Saints recent woes to the 2002 collapse, but I just think there’s too much character on this team for that. The coaches do a good job addressing any issues before they get out of hand."

Last edited:
Jim Henderson's call of Deuce's 2nd TD run yesterday was the worst call I've ever heard. (5-4-3-2-1 Falcons Finished). By the time he counted down, Deuce had already scored. That was bad. He made up for it on the Copper TD though. :shrug:

I don't much like WWL's coverage and only listen to them if there is a blackout and I'm not at the game. Hokie's latest River Parish Disposal commercial is probably the worst of all times. He uses all the cliche's (Bless You Boys :gak:) from the last 10 years. It's hideous.

TPS

On away games, I'd rather WWL than anybody the networks put up there. They can't even read rosters right (i.e. Terrance "Cooper"). If you can get the timing right, I'd rather Jim and Hokie then any of those bozos.

I love Jim, I've never heard as much passion he has when calling games. And thats even over the Colts play by play guy.

>>They can't even read rosters right (i.e. Terrance "Cooper").

I saw that posted on this very site a few times today. :shrug:

:hihi:

TPS

My favorite WWL commercial is the one where Bobby Hebert says it's "Hebert" and not "Hee-bert." That makes me laugh every time I hear it.

Jim is great but Hokie is terrible.

Hokie provides his own analysis for EVERYTHING that happens. When the waterboy runs out on the field he has commentary on what color water bottles they use and why they should change colors.

I think Jim is great, I don't care who's alongside of him because him alone is worth listening to, I call him the Jim Lampley of Football. I love how he gets so excited when a big play happens.....

Jim is the greatest...his Henderson TD call was nice

met him a few times and even ate dinner with him once...great guy

10:20 AM CST on Monday, November 27, 2006

Jim Henderson / WWL-TV Sports Director

Balance good for the Saints

I think the coaches realized they had gotten out of balance on offense and they worked really hard on trying to recommit to balance this week.

From what I understand, the line practiced in the red zone this week against blocking sleds and you saw the results with Deuce going in for two scores on plays where he was virtually untouched.

Some vindication from Jim for us posters who've been saying for weeks that the lack of running, especially with Deuce, was a factor in the recent losses by the Saints. It's reassuring to know that we've got a HC who is sharp enough and humble enough to look in the mirror and see when he needs to change up his playcalling. He could have said that the only reason we lost to Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cincy was turnovers. But he didn't settle for just the pat answer and did everything possible to correct the situation. The more I see of Payton, the more I admire him.

How could you not like Hokie? After Beerman returned a kickoff for yet another touchdown a few years ago, Hokie said that Lewis could go rabbit hunting with a hammer. I think that's the funniest thing I've ever heard an announcer say.

I don't much like WWL's coverage and only listen to them if there is a blackout and I'm not at the game. Hokie's latest River Parish Disposal commercial is probably the worst of all times. He uses all the cliche's (Bless You Boys :gak:) from the last 10 years. It's hideous.
TPS

I'm fairly confident that Hokie doesn't write his own commercials. He's just the talking head and reading his lines.

How could you not like Hokie? After Beerman returned a kickoff for yet another touchdown a few years ago, Hokie said that Lewis could go rabbit hunting with a hammer. I think that's the funniest thing I've ever heard an announcer say.

I love Hokie to, he comes up with some hilarious sayings, make you say "where did he get that from??"

How about the one a few years back when he was describing Brooks scrambling around in the pocket, he was like "Brooks was running around like a sprayed roach":_rofl: :_rofl: or the one when he was describing one of the players who had gotten cut in camp, he was like "all he got was a ham sandwich and a map" ***???:_rofl:

Classic!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom