Peanut butter and . . . (1 Viewer)

I usually "enjoy" peanut butter with a closing throat, followed by rampant kicking and attempted screaming.

And yet, I don't feel like I've missed much, because I hated the taste anyway

Dip a Hersheys chocolate bar in Jif, heaven!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JWMM7HPeTHQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JWMM7HPeTHQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I recently drove around town looking for these. They no longer make them :(

300px-PB_Max.JPG

400px-PBMax.jpg

Word is Mars quit making them because the owner hated peanut butter. Nothing like one of these and a glass of crystal pepsi.

One of my favorite treats is vanilla wafers topped with peanut butter and a banana slice. And my Mamaw used to make a thing where she'd take a saltine cracker, top it with peanut butter and a marshmallow, then pop it in the toaster oven for a minute to brown and melt.

Now I'm hungry for peanut butter. Going to attack one of those two peanut butter pies in the freezer after work tonight...:9:

Now I'm hungry for peanut butter. Going to attack one of those two peanut butter pies in the freezer after work tonight...:9:

I made a peanut butter pie once that used silken tofu rather than cream cheese. It was actually very good. Significantly lower in fat and calories, and significantly higher in nutritional value. The recipe was tested at one of my mother's church dinners, and no one guessed it was tofu and everyone gave it a thumbs up. This recipe is vegan, so if you have friends who are vegetarian or vegan, you can surprise them with a dessert they can enjoy.

Ingredients:

• 16 ounces soft (silken) tofu
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tbsp soy milk
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 pre-made pie crust
Preparation:

Combine the tofu, peanut butter, sugar, soy milk and vanilla in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Spoon into the pie shell. Refrigerate at least 2 hours and serve.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom