Poll Peanut butter? Jelly? Peanut butter and jelly? (1 Viewer)

What is best?

• Peanut butter?

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Jelly?

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Peanut butter AND jelly?

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • All of the above

Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My husband likes peanut butter. And jelly. But not peanut butter AND jelly together. Is this weird? Common? I LOVE peanut butter and jelly combined.

My husband likes peanut butter. And jelly. But not peanut butter AND jelly together. Is this weird? Common? I LOVE peanut butter and jelly combined.
I mix both in a bowl prior to spreading it on the bread. My grandma did it that way. My kids' friends look at me like I have 3 heads when they're over and I make them a sandwich that way....until they eat it. It's the only way it should be done.

peanut butter would be my desert island food
i've probably eaten 20 times more pb&j sandwiches than any other food
i have a stronger preference for extra crunchy jif than i do for most any other food (i don't think there is anything else i have brand loyalty for)
if it's a pb&j i can do basic jelly, but if it's biscuits (which i wouldn't put peanut butter on) i want really good jelly

i also like to cut a wedge out of a banana and put peanut butter in/on the banana

i have a stronger preference for extra crunchy jif than i do for most any other food (i don't think there is anything else i have brand loyalty for)
if it's a pb&j i can do basic jelly, but if it's biscuits (which i wouldn't put peanut butter on) i want really good jelly

i also like to cut a wedge out of a banana and put peanut butter in/on the banana
Snack we used to make for the kids that I liked alot too.

Spread PB on a tortilla
Put banana on tortilla
Drizzle honey on everything
Roll it up and either eat like that or slice into pinwheels and knife and fork it

Do you mean together on a sandwich, or mixed and then on a sandwich? What kind of monster mixes them? As I kid, I used to mix peanut butter and maple syrup and then put it on a sandwich. I tried it a few years ago after remembering about it... and nope. Too sweet.

I mix both in a bowl prior to spreading it on the bread. My grandma did it that way. My kids' friends look at me like I have 3 heads when they're over and I make them a sandwich that way....until they eat it. It's the only way it should be done.

Oh.... nevermind

Extra Crunchy Jif is the best peanut butter there is. I also take a banana, cut it in half like a split, and slather ECJ on both sides and eat each spear.

I also have the same feelings about jelly. I like either grape or apple for sandwiches... or apple butter. For biscuits I like something a little better.

It's also great on Ritz crackers!
A couple days ago, needing something really sweet, I took and prepacked Rice Krispy Treat, slathed it with smooth Jif, and stuck a layer of chocolate chips in the peanut butter. I wish I wouldn't have liked it so much because I've been resisting doing it again every since.

Do you mean together on a sandwich, or mixed and then on a sandwich? What kind of monster mixes them? As I kid, I used to mix peanut butter and maple syrup and then put it on a sandwich. I tried it a few years ago after remembering about it... and nope. Too sweet.

Oh.... nevermind

Extra Crunchy Jif is the best peanut butter there is. I also take a banana, cut it in half like a split, and slather ECJ on both sides and eat each spear.

I also have the same feelings about jelly. I like either grape or apple for sandwiches... or apple butter. For biscuits I like something a little better.
I like grape jelly ok for a PB&J but for any other application I prefer mayhaw or pepper jelly.

I actually just had a peanut butter sandwich today

And I've been known (often) to just get a big spoonful straight from the jar

On rare occasion I will make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich- then wonder why I don't do it more often

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom