Peat broke his arm against Falcons on Sunday; expected to miss 6 weeks (1 Viewer)

My friend that was with me saw when he came off and said his arm looked like it was broken.

Curious to know which play it broke on....

It was at 1:21 left in the 2nd quarter, a pass to Cook for 6 yards.

His right arm got caught between Clayborn and Kamara releasing out the backfield and you can see him hanging it by his side to finish the play and after the play.

View attachment 28DCDBEA-B1AB-4232-ADDA-4A36E7B6EDE3.MOV

The end zone view is panning away as they contact but it’s too blurry to get a good shot of it.

View attachment AF3FC824-AB0F-4497-B239-7DCB83C0E8A2.MOV

The broadcast view pans away too fast to see him hanging his arm and the commentators never note he even came off.

he got blindsided by Claiborne on that play. Peat had turned inside to help McCoy, and when Claiborne came on an "under twist", put his shoulder into Peat just as he was turning to his left and knocked him to ground ( as he was off balance shifting blocking )
Damn... That's a crappy way to go out.

That is unfortunate, but we will survive.

Now what about Lattimore?

Hammy - Those can be so fickle with these speed merchant elite athletes. It can be a season lingering injury also more susceptible to a tear and it can also heal completely in 2-3 weeks. We shall see....

Hate to see anyone get hurt... that said, you all know what I think of Peat as a player... He's our weakest link as a pass blocker. and is just as likely to be on his backside as he is to be upright in the run game....

I look forward to seeing if Easton can take his place - and provide an upgrade... because it was going to happen next year anyway.

It probably got stepped on when he fell down for the 4th time. Bad break, but i think that's what happened. I think his last play was him on the turf.
he got blindsided by Claiborne on that play. Peat had turned inside to help McCoy, and when Claiborne came on an "under twist", put his shoulder into Peat just as he was turning to his left and knocked him to ground ( as he was off balance shifting blocking )

That happened on the drive before he was injured. The Clayborn sack was at 3:41 left in the 2nd quarter. We punted after that play.

View attachment F316ADC0-AC2B-4ED5-85EE-7548D1483866.MOV

We came out for the last drive before half and on the 3rd play of that drive is when Peat broke his arm.

Karma is like “ok SSF this is what you’ve been asking for”

We’ll see
This was my first thought when I saw the news. So many people have been bashing Peat. Well, they get the opportunity to prove they were right now.

Like I said elsewhere, I really hope this just means we're bringing Easton up and leaving Clapp in his current role.

Needed to get back to establishing Murray and Kamara anyway. Pass protection becomes easier when the opposition truly respects the running game. It's "next man up" for Easton or else the season slowly sinks. It's as simple as that.

Peat isn’t elite but he’s above average, Clapp is boderline average

Which is not as big of a gap as it should be, considering their draft status.

Peat is ok. Clapp isn’t very good. It’s not like we’re going from a Ryan Ramczyk to a Rick Leonard.

Clapp will be ok for a few weeks. We’ll game plan to help him out as much as possible

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom