Peat reworks contract, drop salary cap hit to 8.8 million, 6.3 million paycut (1 Viewer)

I say we need another tackle to battle for the LT position. Hurst isn't long term, he is depth a point. Penning health is in question. I'd feel much better if we could sign Lewan. That's what I'm getting at.

Let me get this straight. You're scared that the Saints 23 year old first round pick left tackle won't be ready to play next season despite reports that put him ready to go ahead of camp.

Ok, I get that. However you'd feel much better if the Saints signed a 31 year old left tackle coming off a knee injury as insurance? I mean I'm all for signing quality players like Lewan but I'd say he's a bigger injury risk.

One of the top run blockers in the game.

He is a bit of a clutz sometimes and gets made to look like a fool in pass pro every once in a while, and of course the injuries are frustrating, but the guy really is a good player when he’s out there and healthy.

That being said, I still wish we didn’t invest what we did into him. Too injury prone.

Don't disagree, it's why I prefaced my earlier post with it's more due to injuries....

In 2022 he led the Vikings in targets with 107 and caught 70 passes for 716 yards and six touchdowns. He is a Red Zone machine. I think he would work well on the Saints and it would keep him out of Carolina. he is a declining player, no doubt, but he has not signed with anybody yet. this is a Loomis type of deal. Would you rather Jarvis Landry or Adam Thielen?

Let the Vikings in targets? On what planet? JJ had 128 catches last year on 184 targets, he hasn't led the Vikings in targets for a few years....and he is clearly in decline....no thanks

Don't disagree, it's why I prefaced my earlier post with it's more due to injuries....

Let the Vikings in targets? On what planet? JJ had 128 catches last year on 184 targets, he hasn't led the Vikings in targets for a few years....and he is clearly in decline....no thanks
Yeah, I know that, not sure why I said that. I should have just said he had that many targets, total brain spasm on Jefferson. I know Thielen is in decline, but he might be a good veteran receiver who can add some play time and be good in the red zone. He's two years older than Jarvis Landry. I was just throwing something against the wall. I think he has a little bit left in the tank and we would not risk losing a comp pick because he does not count in the formula because his contract was terminated. He did not lead the team in targets. Thielen had 70 catches on 107 targets (65.4% catch rate), our #1, Olave had 72 catches on 119 targets. (60.5% catch rate) Our next highest WR, Jarvis Landry, had 25 catches on 39 targets. (64% catch rate).

Thielen now is a possession receiver, of his 70 catches 45 were for First Downs (64.3% First Downs), and a Red Zone guy. I don't know if he is done, but just wondering out loud. He will play somewhere. For the right price, I would rather have Thielen in 2023 than Jarvis Landry (30.8% First Downs).

Last edited:
Yeah, I know that, not sure why I said that. I should have just said he had that many targets, total brain spasm on Jefferson. I know Thielen is in decline, but he might be a good veteran receiver who can add some play time and be good in the red zone. He's two years older than Jarvis Landry. I was just throwing something against the wall. I think he has a little bit left in the tank and we would not risk losing a comp pick because he does not count in the formula because his contract was terminated. He did not lead the team in targets. Thielen had 70 catches on 107 targets (65.4% catch rate), our #1, Olave had 72 catches on 119 targets. (60.5% catch rate) Our next highest WR, Jarvis Landry, had 25 catches on 39 targets. (64% catch rate).

Thielen now is a possession receiver, of his 70 catches 45 were for First Downs (64.3% First Downs), and a Red Zone guy. I don't know if he is done, but just wondering out loud. He will play somewhere. For the right price, I would rather have Thielen in 2023 than Jarvis Landry (30.8% First Downs).

No worries, I'm wrong/mistaken often....but I don't want Thielen or Landry. If we are still going after a veteran WR I want a guy that is still rising, still in his 20's with upside, which, of course will be more expensive....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom