Peat to stay on the right side per Payton (1 Viewer)

It's no surprise really.

He's not an ideal rg but he'll do

What to you mean by ideal? Because of his height? RG is where he has performed the best out of all the oline positions he has played this year.

Well he do need to stay there consistently if the coach said. Can't be rotating players all around and expect any type of chemistry to develop. As far as Peat, it is probably better suit there since his foot work at the tackle position is terrible.

Shizzle posted an article link that opined that it's easier for O-Linemen to switch positions than sides, so this is good information. Parenthetically, Peat playing LT was probably more because Armstead wasn't 100%, and Payton probably feared for Brees's life.

What to you mean by ideal? Because of his height? RG is where he has performed the best out of all the oline positions he has played this year.

Yeah his size is unusual for a rg. Drew being 6' makes it a possible issue but we have to use what we have. He's probly the best guy for the spot right now and he's done well there.

I understand why he's played LT a lot. Armstead is hurt every year and you want a backup ready.

But now's the time to buckle down and focus on RG. Good decision to stop the shuffling.

He's been beat and humiliated at every spot on the line except center. As a second year lineman Peat is [playing like] a joke. At this point he should be better, being beat is one thing but being someone's highlight is another. I don't believe it's all his fault, It could be coaching but what I've seen just don't add up. Peats a natural Lt but gets beat badly there also, it's not like he doesn't know how to play that spot. I just don't understand it.

I wonder if Peat can catch a ball. He'd be a huge target for tackle eligible endzone passes.

So basicly Brees has another blind side...sorry I don't trust Andrus Peat.

He's been beat and humiliated at every spot on the line except center. As a second year lineman Peat is a joke. At this point he should be better, being beat is one thing but being someone's highlight is another. I don't believe it's all his fault, It could be coaching but what I've seen just don't add up. Peats a natural Lt but gets beat badly there also, it's not like he doesn't know how to play that spot. I just don't understand it.

I've never understood why folks have said that Peat is a natural LT. I said as much when was drafted. He's built like a like a guard, and he moves like a guard. Let's see what happens with him going full time at guard.

at RG?

He will have Unger to his inside.

Not on an island at T or having to keep a TE in to help him.

He was second best Olineman Sat night at RG.

We just cannot afford injuries at this point.

Give him a chance to settle in. Now that he won't be shuffled around he'll be able to focus all of his reps on improving his technique and communication with Unger and Strief.

He's been beat and humiliated at every spot on the line except center. As a second year lineman Peat is [playing like] a joke. At this point he should be better, being beat is one thing but being someone's highlight is another. I don't believe it's all his fault, It could be coaching but what I've seen just don't add up. Peats a natural Lt but gets beat badly there also, it's not like he doesn't know how to play that spot. I just don't understand it.

He hasn't been humiliated at RG, hence the reason we're sticking him there...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom