Peat to stay on the right side per Payton (1 Viewer)

Hope it goes as planned , assuming the Ravens rest starters in final game as we do the steelers game is it for the oline to play against equivalent talent

If the Saints cut Hills and plan to use AP as backup LT I can understand the plan if they keep him (assuming the don't keep him based on whet they saw so far ) the moving of AP was for not

i remember some years back SP made a comment about the oline stating if one guy goes down you would much rather play the second team guy vs moving someone from another position because it simply weakens 2 positions of the line. Hopefully we return to this philosophy...

i remember some years back SP made a comment about the oline stating if one guy goes down you would much rather play the second team guy vs moving someone from another position because it simply weakens 2 positions of the line. Hopefully we return to this philosophy...

I'm hopeful that was the philosophy all along, but they needed to find out who would be the first and second team guys at each position.

There's a new coach and a different blocking scheme in place. Taking two preseason games to experiment with a best slot for everyone involved isn't outlandish plan in my estimation.

Anywhere on the line would be fine for me, just get him playing. I kind of didn't mind Hills as the LT backup, I think he did alright there. Then we would need to give him help, if that is, Armstead was hurt. Sure its embarrassing that Peat isn't really starting at Tackle considering the position we took him, but maybe he'll be a decent guard.

I've never understood why folks have said that Peat is a natural LT. I said as much when was drafted. He's built like a like a guard, and he moves like a guard. Let's see what happens with him going full time at guard.

So we blew a top 15 pick on a guard? He was projected as a LT coming out of college, problem is, LT and QB are the only two positions on the team that didn't need to be upgraded. Looking like the front office blew another pick.

I still have hope for Peat. I think he will have at least an above average year at RG and take over at RT next year. Hopefully not just wishful thinking lol.

It's no surprise really.

He's not an ideal rg but he'll do
You don't know that.

It's still too early.
The guy was given a task of learning all O-line positions except for center. He's in his second year for Pete's sake.
Have you ever seen a lineman asked to do that before? And I mean a starting lineman, not just someone in camp trying to earn a spot.
I have my money on him being an excellent RG / RT in time.

its kind to continue to support Peat, but he was questioned predraft as over rated, and is quite obviously Not nfl quality player to consider a starter. i'm watching from a tv, and it's quite apparent he's awful!!!

I re-watched the first quarter of the Houston game (again) and I only focused on the line. I got to say Peat did look good at RG. He was solid in both phases of the game. He didn't give up any pressures and could occasionally get to the next level in the running game. Other than the LG position I think our starting unit played pretty well.

This is what I believe our starting 5 will look like in Preseason week 3:

LT - Armstead
LG - Turner
C - Unger
RG - Peat
RT - Strief

If Turner plays well with the first unit than he very well could earn himself a starting job.

So we blew a top 15 pick on a guard? He was projected as a LT coming out of college, problem is, LT and QB are the only two positions on the team that didn't need to be upgraded. Looking like the front office blew another pick.

Unless he somehow becomes a pro bowl guard

Where does this line of thinking come from? How do you "blow" a pick on a starter?

He's not playing the position he played in college so he's a bust? Or is it because he's not playing a position that you think merits a first round pick? In that case, could you elaborate on exactly what positions are ok and which ones aren't to draft in certain rounds?

I re-watched the first quarter of the Houston game (again) and I only focused on the line. I got to say Peat did look good at RG. He was solid in both phases of the game. He didn't give up any pressures and could occasionally get to the next level in the running game. Other than the LG position I think our starting unit played pretty well.

This is what I believe our starting 5 will look like in Preseason week 3:

LT - Armstead
LG - Turner
C - Unger
RG - Peat
RT - Strief

If Turner plays well with the first unit than he very well could earn himself a starting job.

Has Turner played any at LG ? I haven't noticed?

Where does this line of thinking come from? How do you "blow" a pick on a starter?

He's not playing the position he played in college so he's a bust? Or is it because he's not playing a position that you think merits a first round pick? In that case, could you elaborate on exactly what positions are ok and which ones aren't to draft in certain rounds?

It's too early to say that they blew the pick but I can definitely see where people are coming from on this one. If your team drafts a Tackle at #13 I don't think it's beyond the pale to expect that player to be good at playing Tackle. So when the Tackle your team drafted at #13 ends up being a Guard, well I can understand the frustration. Most would agree that the 13th overall pick is a little high for a Guard. Even beastly Guards usually don't go that high.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom