Pecan Pie (1 Viewer)

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have been charged with making a pecan pie. I have no idea how to make an awesome one. Help me out please. I know y’all know the magic.

Go to Sams. Buy 4 pack of cinnamon rolls.

Open rolls... add flour... flatten out. Make "crust".

Follow recipe for filling... light corn syrup, dark corn syrup, vanilla, eggs, pecans.

Bake.

Drizzle icing after.

Let everyone enjoy.

It's way cheaper this route. To make one from scratch, it is usually 20-25$ in my experiences. Pecans are expensive.
Unless you have friends that work in packing plants and show up with bags of stuff at random times. This last time was pecans and walnuts. Shelled halves. Can’t beat it.

No I’m in California. Their family is from Alabama. So yeah not buying a pie from the store even if I could find one.

My Mom makes a great puh-cahn pie. It's more sticky roasted pecans and less gelatinous filling than most others ones I've had. It's the best one I've ever had. That being said, I don't have her recipe, sorry.

The best alternate pecan pie I've had was made with bourbon and chocolate and it was wonderful. Again, I don't have that recipe either.

I bought a pecan pie from Sam's the other day to bring to work and it wasn't bad, as far as normal pecan pies go.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
My Mom makes a great puh-cahn pie. It's more sticky roasted pecans and less gelatinous filling than most others ones I've had. It's the best one I've ever had. That being said, I don't have her recipe, sorry.

The best alternate pecan pie I've had was made with bourbon and chocolate and it was wonderful. Again, I don't have that recipe either.

I bought a pecan pie from Sam's the other day to bring to work and it wasn't bad, as far as normal pecan pies go.

Man, your first two sound great, and I'm not a pecan pie fan.

I've done the store bought at Safeway the last couple of years. They're not half bad and reasonably priced. I haven't checked this year yet. Probably will make a run there tonight to get some, plus egg nog.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom