Pecan Pie (1 Viewer)

My husband just came home from Paul's Pastry. He insisted we had to show up to our friend's house to watch the game tomorrow night with ALL the pies. He came home with a cherry pie, a chocolate pie, and ... wait for it ..... a SUGAR free pecan pie. Now, given we've been sugar free for almost 2 months (sorry, digestive system, for the abuse I am about to heap on you tomorrow) I asked him if he MEANT to do it. He did not. So we're gonna remove the "sugar free" sticker and see what kind of reactions we get.

We're also bringing some beaujolais nouveau which we had to go to 4 stores to get so between that and the chocolate pie, we should be okay.

yatwoman uses chopped pecans throughout the goo, rather than pecans layered atop the goo

she's from pecan country in south georgia and that's how her people make pies... best i've eaten
My family originates from South Georgia also. They pronounce pecan as pee can. Does your wifes family do the same?

My husband just came home from Paul's Pastry. He insisted we had to show up to our friend's house to watch the game tomorrow night with ALL the pies. He came home with a cherry pie, a chocolate pie, and ... wait for it ..... a SUGAR free pecan pie. Now, given we've been sugar free for almost 2 months (sorry, digestive system, for the abuse I am about to heap on you tomorrow) I asked him if he MEANT to do it. He did not. So we're gonna remove the "sugar free" sticker and see what kind of reactions we get.

We're also bringing some beaujolais nouveau which we had to go to 4 stores to get so between that and the chocolate pie, we should be okay.
Sugar free pecan pie? I thought the whole point of a pecan pie was to get diabetes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom