Pelicans Draft (1 Viewer)

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the draft pick this year we get from LA Lakers from the AD trade? Is it ours, does it go to Portland? The way they do draft pick trades in the NBA confuses the heck out of me, protected picks, non protected picks...

Can someone explain to me the draft pick this year we get from LA Lakers from the AD trade? Is it ours, does it go to Portland? The way they do draft pick trades in the NBA confuses the heck out of me, protected picks, non protected picks...
The La pick is ours. As long as it's in the top 10.

Our pick goes Portland. As long as it isn't in the top 4.

Since the Pelicans made the playoffs and are out of the draft lottery, their own pick goes to Charlotte as part of the Graham trade. I think it was going to Portland if they were in the lottery, but failed to get a top four ping pong ball.

The Lakers pick has something like a 99+٪ chance of staying here since they fell all the way to the 8th worst record. It would take a very unlucky lottery draw to drop out of the top 10

There is a much better chance, 26% to around 1%, that we move up to a top 4 pick over not being in the top 10.

The La pick is ours. As long as it's in the top 10.

Our pick goes Portland. As long as it isn't in the top 4.
It's insane that the Pels have a chance to get a top 4 pick, a top 10 pick, a young, talented roster and CJ McCollum...

It's insane that the Pels have a chance to get a top 4 pick, a top 10 pick, a young, talented roster and CJ McCollum...
I don't think our pick is in the lottery since we made the playoffs. Even if we would have lost to the clippers we'd have had like a %0.02 chance to get the number 4. So our pick doesn't not belong to us.

Now we do have the Lakers pick, as long as it's top 10, which it should be. Let's hope that pick sneaks into the top 4!!!!

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
I don't think our pick is in the lottery since we made the playoffs. Even if we would have lost to the clippers we'd have had like a %0.02 chance to get the number 4. So our pick doesn't not belong to us.

Now we do have the Lakers pick, as long as it's top 10, which it should be. Let's hope that pick sneaks into the top 4!!!!
I think you're right. The only was the Lakers keep that pick is if 3 teams below them jump the Lakers in the lottery and push them down to #11.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom