Pelicans Free agency (1 Viewer)

projeck33

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
So if we going to throw the bank at Jrue , why not just throw the bank at Hayward and go with Frank Jackson at Point Guard
Jackson, Hayward,Solo,AD, and Boogie would be Nice and resign tyreke for a cheap price and we're Good to compete !!! Jackson shooting and athleticism will surprise people but he's a tough Player and going to make a fine Pro !!!

So if we going to throw the bank at Jrue , why not just throw the bank at Hayward and go with Frank Jackson at Point Guard
Jackson, Hayward,Solo,AD, and Boogie would be Nice and resign tyreke for a cheap price and we're Good to compete !!! Jackson shooting and athleticism will surprise people but he's a tough Player and going to make a fine Pro !!!

That's not how it works. We can go over the cap to sign Jrue because we have his Bird rights. For other team's players we wouldn't have nearly enough money to spend on big names.

I like Jackson, but he seems more like a small SG than a PG. Passing and running an offense are far from his biggest strengths. Will take a few years to develop.

I have a feeling that Holiday will be coming back based on the fact that we can go over the cap to get him, where as there is not a player in FA that is at his level that we can afford with the cap space we have. Additionally, he may come with his brother which isn't my favorite move, but I won't hate.

The only other scenario where we don't take a big step back is if we do a sign and trade where we give Holiday his contract and ship him for another player. Many are talking about Rubio as a potential target in this situation. This would allow him to get the max contract now, the other team gets him for a longer contract than they can give him, and we get pieces in return.

I think Joe Ingles from Utah one of the best fits and needs that is avalaible out there. Jazz put a tender on him so he a RFA. Upper tier shooting and he can guard 3 different positions. Gonna take a 8 figure contract to get him but I think he's worth it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">League sources: Growing resignation among interested teams that New Orleans comes to terms quickly with Jrue Holiday on rich five-year deal</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/880820092442783744">June 30, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom