Pelicans have the 8th Pick in the 2022 NBA Draft (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The Lakers pick was indeed in the top 10, at number 8, so it will go to the Pelicans!

Who should we draft? A lot of solid players should still be on the board.

I would hope Shaedon Sharpe, a 6'6 220 lb shooting guard out of Kentucky, would still be on the board. We need more shooting still in my opinion, and this young man would bring that to the table.

I would also be interested in former Duke Blue Devil AJ Griffin, also 6'6 but thicker at 220. He projects as a SF in the NBA, but he can still drain shots from downtown.

If both of the above players are taken, I would like to take a look at Johnny Davis out of Wisconsin. 6'5 196. He is the second best shooting guard in the draft, behind Shaedon Sharpe.

Last edited:
Doubt Sharpe would be available. Maybe Mathurin?

AJ Griffin would be who I'd like at that pick. His outside shooting would fill a real need on this team.

Ok. The draft is tomorrow. I assume at #8 we'll be in BPA mode right?
That would be my guess.

With Zion looking like he will sign an extension soon and looking (at least in pictures) to be in really good shape, we are the rare lottery team that won’t necessarily need 1 specific type of player, or need that player to play heavy minutes from day 1.

BPA or possibly a trade (Graham?) for a shooter.
Some Pelicans insiders on Twitter said a few other teams have called the Pels about trading for that 8th pick.

I think Windhorst said so as well on ESPN.

Graham could be part of any of those trades (if they happen).

Shingo & Darby on a team should be fun.

Who do y’all think the mystery recruit for the Blackpool Combat Club will be?

If we can't trade #8 (and stuff) for Cam Johnson (Suns)... I hope we get Shaedon Sharpe. He's going to be a stud... He's like a 6' 6'' Rim Runner that can shoot from anywhere... young, raw, missed his 1st year at Duke... But watch his limited workouts and video... He's going to be a terror.

If we can't trade #8 (and stuff) for Cam Johnson (Suns)... I hope we get Shaedon Sharpe. He's going to be a stud... He's like a 6' 6'' Rim Runner that can shoot from anywhere... young, raw, missed his 1st year at Duke... But watch his limited workouts and video... He's going to be a terror.
I didn't want Cam Johnson....timing is bad due to his contract situation.

If we stay at 8 I don't want Sharpe. So far his fit with the established locker room culture is looking iffy.

Let's ramp up the excitement for tonight. This is what we have coming back next year and the crazy part is that it looks like he is in the best shape of his young NBA career right now. Couple that with the fact that three starter positions has been upgraded since (JV, CJ, and Herb) and our current version of BI is objectively better than BI of two seasons ago.
Oh yeah....we also upgraded our head coach

Zion does look in terrific shape right now (going by the Nike workout photos & especially the photo of him playing pickup with some kids).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom