Pelicans sign Soloman Hill (1 Viewer)

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 36m36 minutes ago
Free agent forward Solomon Hill has agreed to a four-year, $52M deal with New Orleans, league source tells @TheVertical.

Marc Stein Verified account
?@ESPNSteinLine

Earlier reported deal for Solomon Hill in New Orleans: $48 million over four years, sources say, with incentives to hit to pass $50 million.

Good signing. Fits what we need and in terms of what is happening in this year's FA, a solid deal.

hill will contribute day one... dude is only 24 and one of the hardest workers in the league

Both signings not good to me. Pels signing these wack *** players. Hill will come off the bench at best. Moore...who in the heck is that. Well, get ready for another crazy year Pels fans. Best thing they done so far was draft Buddy Hield. Thats it....point blank period. Signing scrubs and throwing all this money at them just not cuttin it for me...Price is way to high Pels need to cut it and go after sme studs that will really mke a difference. Was talking about signinh Conley and Lin and they both slipped away. If you want a good free agent pay the money. Damn!!!

Hill will likely be a 10-5-5 guy who is an asset on defense and can shoot 3s. He is a "D and 3" player.

Moore was the only guard not named Butler to do anything at all the last 2 seasons in Chicago. He is going to run the second team and his true skill is being a combo guard.

We couldn't get top teir guys this time, let's see what we do between now and September.

Both signings not good to me. Pels signing these wack *** players. Hill will come off the bench at best. Moore...who in the heck is that. Well, get ready for another crazy year Pels fans. Best thing they done so far was draft Buddy Hield. Thats it....point blank period. Signing scrubs and throwing all this money at them just not cuttin it for me...Price is way to high Pels need to cut it and go after sme studs that will really mke a difference. Was talking about signinh Conley and Lin and they both slipped away. If you want a good free agent pay the money. Damn!!!

Conley got crazy "out of this world" money (more than AD) and Lin has never been any good. He only got the publicity from playing for the NYK.

I wonder if we will see more 'small ball' line-ups this season, I would like to see a line-up of Holiday, Hield, Pondexter, Hill, Davis. Hill has drawn some comparisons to Draymond Green, with Erman and Pack refining that group defensively it could be very nasty, and most certainly fits the floor spacing fast pace offense Gentry wants to run. That would leave us currently with a bench of Frazier, Moore, Cunningham, Ajinca, Diallo. I'll go out on a limb and say if he doesn't show major improvement in training camp the Pelicans will stretch Asik and package him along with Tyreke in a trade, probably for a couple second round draft picks to Philly I would guess.

I wonder if we will see more 'small ball' line-ups this season, I would like to see a line-up of Holiday, Hield, Pondexter, Hill, Davis. Hill has drawn some comparisons to Draymond Green, with Erman and Pack refining that group defensively it could be very nasty, and most certainly fits the floor spacing fast pace offense Gentry wants to run. That would leave us currently with a bench of Frazier, Moore, Cunningham, Ajinca, Diallo. I'll go out on a limb and say if he doesn't show major improvement in training camp the Pelicans will stretch Asik and package him along with Tyreke in a trade, probably for a couple second round draft picks to Philly I would guess.

We will get more than a couple of 2nd round picks for Evans. He had his best season as a pro 2 years ago...

I kinda like Evans as our 6 man. His salary works well too...

Good signing. Fits what we need and in terms of what is happening in this year's FA, a solid deal.

I hope I'm wrong but just can't see how the Pelicans justified paying Hill 13 million per year(about 5 mil/year too much). Is that a move by the coach or the GM? :idunno: The front office hasn't been very good with signing FAs. Don't look like we gained ground on any of the teams that made the playoffs.

I hope I'm wrong but just can't see how the Pelicans justified paying Hill 13 million per year(about 5 mil/year too much). Is that a move by the coach or the GM? :idunno: The front office hasn't been very good with signing FAs. Don't look like we gained ground on any of the teams that made the playoffs.

are dead on with value. last season he would have gotten 4/32... this isn't last season, all teams are overpaying, its the new norm.

The was not a good free agent class to begin with and average players got huge deals for no reason other than the money was there. We were never going to pay Mike Conley what he wanted, and surely not $30mil/yr. That is just insane.

The deals for Hill and Moore are good deals and projecting growth which is how teams like SA, GSW and OKC have built their teams and its what we need to do. We got hardworking, high basketball IQ guys who can play both sides of the floor unlike Gordon and Anderson who we let walk.

Wanting to just sign stars doesn't win games. Not to mention, just because guys get paid like superstars, doesn't mean that they are superstars.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom