Pelicans vs. Blazers: 53% 3-point shots (18 of 34) & 36 assists!!! (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Commentators mentioned that the Pels are 5th in the NBA in scoring!

Pels are 4 games out of the #8 spot, and just 1-1/2 games from the #9 spot!

It would be great to see this young team (somehow) get that #8 seed and get playoff experience!

Last edited:
They are actually only a half game out of 9th. I agree that it would be awesome for the young guys to get playoff experience, but it’s kind of like that already. Every game from here on out is very important, so should be a great learning experience. But it would be even better of course if they could get in the dance and see the difference in the crowds and way the other team plays with a different urgency. I may be a homer, but I think this team healthy could pull off a crazy upset against the Lakers.

They are actually only a half game out of 9th. I agree that it would be awesome for the young guys to get playoff experience, but it’s kind of like that already. Every game from here on out is very important, so should be a great learning experience. But it would be even better of course if they could get in the dance and see the difference in the crowds and way the other team plays with a different urgency. I may be a homer, but I think this team healthy could pull off a crazy upset against the Lakers.

You're not crazy at all. The Lakers have two superstars, Lebron and AD, and a bunch of scrubs. They are not deep at all, and if the Pels shoot as hot as they can sometimes, they can run the legs off the Lakers. I think deep teams than can distribute the ball pose the biggest problem for the Pelicans, but the Lakers don't have that. For the same reason I think the Rockets could fall to the Pels in the playoffs. On the other hand, deeper teams like the Clippers, Jazz, and Nuggets are harder matchups. The two teams I think the Pels can't beat for this reason are the Bucks and the Clippers. Against most other teams, they have a shot.

The teams that the Pels are having issues with are the ones that play disciplined....San Antonio and Oklahoma City come to mind

I dont see the Pels beating the Lakers in the playoffs, but the Lakers will know they were in a fight. Unfortunately, playoffs LeBron is just incredible and the refs will be helping them

If the Pels want to have a chance the free throws have to get much better and they need a lot more discipline

The teams that the Pels are having issues with are the ones that play disciplined....San Antonio and Oklahoma City come to mind

I dont see the Pels beating the Lakers in the playoffs, but the Lakers will know they were in a fight. Unfortunately, playoffs LeBron is just incredible and the refs will be helping them

If the Pels want to have a chance the free throws have to get much better and they need a lot more discipline
You're right.
The Pels are going to make a good showing against the '9 thru 15 place' teams in the conferences, but the top 5 or 6 teams are going to cruise over us at this stage... whether in the regular season or the postseason.

But I suppose that just getting a taste of the playoffs would be a good start for this young team. It takes time to develop into a winner. Hopefully the coaching won't hold the Pels back.

Those assist numbers are incredible. Who’s coaching them, Gene Hackman?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom