Pelicans vs Lakers (1 Viewer)

Caruso took Lonzo out the game last times they played so yeah Caruso at least against Lonzo. Lol.

But I feel ya, the Pelicans are building something special. Think we do need to think about moving on Jrue tho. Just don’t see what he’s doing for us. One great game out of four is not enough and it doesn’t help us any.
I hear ya, but Caruso only played 17 minutes last game. Agree 100% on Jrue. Seems like an awesome dude, but he is simply too inconsistent. If he was at least OK or decent on his off days, it would be fine. But his bad days are horrible. And way too frequent. His good days are the exception, not the rule. If that flipped, he would be a top 30 or so player in the league. But as it is, I would be more than cool with trading him this offseason if we could get a good return.

Caruso? Yeah, he made a couple of plays last game, but he doesn’t mean much at all to them. JJ being out for us meant a lot more. AD being out I understand, but he was bad last game against Zion. Kuzma had a better game than him. We were in it to the end with 2 of our 3 best players playing like crap. We are not far off from this team.

If we can't beat the Lakers when they are down 2 starters, at home, on a back to back, on a night when we actually shoot more FTs than a Lebron team - it's just not happening. At least not with this current iteration of the Pelicans.

They've replaced the Spurs as the team that just owns us.

Our All Star and our 'veteran leader' seem to shrink in big games but the Lakers just have our number.

Last edited:
Jrue was never at his best as a facilitator unless he is driving and dishing. He has games when he decides to shoot too much...Jrue is really good when he is being aggressive to the goal

Also, dont forget he is our best defender

Also, dont forget he is our best defender
for now he is, but remember Ball is only 22 and won't be 23 until next season. He's very young and still growing into his body.
Defense and passing ability is why he was selected 2nd in his draft class.

https://www.nba.com/draft/2017/prospects/lonzo_ball#/

What Insiders Say
UCLA coach Steve Alford

“Lonzo can beat you by getting 15 rebounds, 15 assists, 25 points, guarding your best player on the other team

What Outsiders Say
Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin

“Their conversion is excellent. It's because they have probably the best passer since Jason Kidd or Magic Johnson playing with the ball in his hands.”

Those passing skills have shown the last few weeks. He will only get better

If we can't beat the Lakers when they are down 2 starters, at home, on a back to back, on a night when we actually shoot more FTs than a Lebron team - it's just not happening. At least not with this current iteration of the Pelicans.

They've replaced the Spurs as the team that just owns us.

Our All Star and our 'veteran leader' seem to shrink in big games but the Lakers just have our number.
Lebron carried a less talented Cleveland team to a championship against the Warriors. He's just tough, if not impossible to beat when he's motivated and playing well. I think handing it to Zion and his possible first round opponent is all the motivation he needs. Lebron was too tough and the Pels just could not shoot. If they had shot a decent percentage on the open 3's, they likely win the game. Too many turnovers at pivotal moments and they stopped moving the ball down the stretch.

Lebron carried a less talented Cleveland team to a championship against the Warriors. He's just tough, if not impossible to beat when he's motivated and playing well. I think handing it to Zion and his possible first round opponent is all the motivation he needs. Lebron was too tough and the Pels just could not shoot. If they had shot a decent percentage on the open 3's, they likely win the game. Too many turnovers at pivotal moments and they stopped moving the ball down the stretch.
Playoff teams make a high percentage of open looks and they defend a lot better than do the Pelicans.
As nice as it would be for them to make the playoffs, getting swept by the Lakers won't make the Pels a better team next year.
It's best just to use the rest of this season to work on what needs fixing. I can chalk up this poor year to not having Zion for much of the season.
But I won't feel better by watching them get humiliated in an impossible postseason berth. :covri:

Playoff teams make a high percentage of open looks and they defend a lot better than do the Pelicans.
As nice as it would be for them to make the playoffs, getting swept by the Lakers won't make the Pels a better team next year.
It's best just to use the rest of this season to work on what needs fixing. I can chalk up this poor year to not having Zion for much of the season.
But I won't feel better by watching them get humiliated in an impossible postseason berth. :covri:
I think just playing in the playoffs and feeling that change in intensity level would be beneficial in the long run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom