Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Don't worry. I ain't watching this one.

saintbilly25

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Worst defensive effort I’ve ever seen by a professional sports team so far. Giving up 72 points in a half to a 17 win team with their best player not playing is absolutely embarrassing. 90% of their points have come on uncontested layups and dunks, the remainder on wide open 3’s.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Worst defensive effort I’ve ever seen by a professional sports team so far. Giving up 72 points in a half to a 17 win team with their best player not playing is absolutely embarrassing. 90% of their points have come on uncontested layups and dunks, the remainder on wide open 3’s.
Yikes.

DJ1BigTymer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Dude, that's just par for the course. Monty Williams may have been boring, but his teams never given up points like the Gentry boys.

slaym

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pelicans play zero defense. They must have the lowest basketball IQ in the league with all the turnovers.

OP
Bill

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well... this is proof that the Pelicans are just a bad team. Period.
It ain't me.

saintbilly25

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well... this is proof that the Pelicans are just a bad team. Period.
It ain't me.
I think Gentry is probably in the locker room giving them props for scoring 134 points right now. This is a horribly coached team, but not a bad one. The lineups and substitutions are bad, the use of timeouts and after timeout plays are bad, the game plans are bad, the in game adjustments are bad, and anything else that is tied to coaching is bad. But I still think the team, from a talent perspective, is pretty good. They would have at least 5-10 more wins if they just had a competent coach.

OP
Bill

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think Gentry is probably in the locker room giving them props for scoring 134 points right now. This is a horribly coached team, but not a bad one. The lineups and substitutions are bad, the use of timeouts and after timeout plays are bad, the game plans are bad, the in game adjustments are bad, and anything else that is tied to coaching is bad. But I still think the team, from a talent perspective, is pretty good. They would have at least 5-10 more wins if they just had a competent coach.
I consider the coach to be part of what defines the team.
If he ain't good, neither is the team.

Infoman

Lawd Have Mercy!
Reaction score
Been saying... this team is very young and very talented.... they will only get more talented and experienced in the next few years.... but they are poorly coached.

They don't always play with effort... they never play defense.... and they are undisciplined and commit an insane number of unforced errors...

This will not change until Gentry is gone... the players that they plug into his system all do the same thing... adding talent won't change it.

They should have fired him before trading AD and drafting Zion, so his teachings don't put that stink on Zion long term...

Last edited:

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, if this was the final nail in the coffin for the playoffs, management will can Gentry? Can we get that lucky?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JJ Redick keeping playoff goal in perspective as Pelicans prepare for Orlando Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Darius Miller media availability - July 3, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard JJ Redick media availability - July 3, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (7-3-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Josh Hart media availability - July 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Zion Williamson media availability - July 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Jim Eichenhofer on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - July 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (7-2-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Nicolò Melli media availability - July 1, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Jrue Holiday media availability - July 1, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (7-1-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans David Griffin media availability - June 30, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry media availability - June 30, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-30-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Schedule release round table on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - June 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-29-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
On paper, Pelicans may have ‘easier’ slate, but there's little margin for error Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans announce restart schedule for 2019-20 season Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans-Jazz to open NBA resumption of season in Orlando Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-26-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-25-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans 2020 seeding games profile: Jaxson Hayes Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-24-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
For Pelicans, latter half of August will depend on Orlando performance Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-23-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-22-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans 2020 seeding games profile: Derrick Favors Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0