Pelicans vs Timberwolves (1 Viewer)

* Pels are three games out of the #8 slot.

* Of all the teams sitting at #8 or worse, the Pelicans have the BEST road record.

* On the flip side, we have to get a whole lot better at the Smoothie King Center. :covri:

* Pels remaining schedule is NOT brutal; we can do this!
They are actually 4 games out of 8th.

But is this the best thing for us? If we do barely eek out a playoff spot, that might mean that we're stuck with Gentry another year. If we don't make the playoffs, I feel that we have a better chance of being rid of him.

The decision on Gentry has already been made. If they have decided to fire him, the only thing that might change that is getting past the first round

18 games left. We have 3 games against teams with winning records....the Jazz, Clippers, and 76ers. Then we have 2 games against the Grizzlies who are .500 at the moment.

Meanwhile the Grizzlies also have 18 games left with 11 against teams with winning records plus the two against us. BTW, we won the first 2 against the Grizz so one more win and we get the tie breaker

I honestly think we get the 8th spot if we win 13 of 18 and at least split with the Grizz. I also think that will be good enough to put us ahead of the Blazers, Kings, and Spurs

The kings almost worry more than the Griz. They have gotten hot at the wrong time for us.

The Pels aren't making the playoffs this year. And frankly I don't understand why that's such a dream for fans now. We're just not ready to compete yet.
I've pretty much switched to actively hoping that we aren't in the playoff hunt and more of the younger guys can be mixed in. Plus, fire Gentry.

The Pels aren't making the playoffs this year. And frankly I don't understand why that's such a dream for fans now. We're just not ready to compete yet.

Its a dream because part of being ready to compete is getting young players playoff experience so they develop. Its also a dream because as a fan it would just be fun and that is a big part of why I follow sports.

I actually think making the playoffs would be great for them. Accomplishing the goal of getting out of what has to be a historic hole would be a benefit for team mentality plus making the playoffs their first year together would give them confidence for next year and also make just getting to the playoffs not seem like as big of an accomplishment. A little playoff experience this year would also be good for them next year, assuming they make it

like I already said....I think the pels have already made their decision on Gentry and if they have decided to move on, I think they would need to beat the Lakers in the first round to make them reconsider. Hell, if they did that I would be open to keeping him

Outside of Gentry tho, if the players could stop forcing so many turnovers, get defensive and offensive rebounds and make their free throws, the team would actually make the playoffs, for sure and be a threat to upset the Lakers but these three areas are hurting/haunting them. Then there's the issue of Jrue Holiday who seems to just not want to be consistent (offensively or defensively) this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom