Pelicans vs Timberwolves (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Don't worry. I ain't watching this one.

Worst defensive effort I’ve ever seen by a professional sports team so far. Giving up 72 points in a half to a 17 win team with their best player not playing is absolutely embarrassing. 90% of their points have come on uncontested layups and dunks, the remainder on wide open 3’s.

Worst defensive effort I’ve ever seen by a professional sports team so far. Giving up 72 points in a half to a 17 win team with their best player not playing is absolutely embarrassing. 90% of their points have come on uncontested layups and dunks, the remainder on wide open 3’s.
Yikes.

Dude, that's just par for the course. Monty Williams may have been boring, but his teams never given up points like the Gentry boys.

Pelicans play zero defense. They must have the lowest basketball IQ in the league with all the turnovers.

Well... this is proof that the Pelicans are just a bad team. Period.
It ain't me.

Well... this is proof that the Pelicans are just a bad team. Period.
It ain't me.
I think Gentry is probably in the locker room giving them props for scoring 134 points right now. This is a horribly coached team, but not a bad one. The lineups and substitutions are bad, the use of timeouts and after timeout plays are bad, the game plans are bad, the in game adjustments are bad, and anything else that is tied to coaching is bad. But I still think the team, from a talent perspective, is pretty good. They would have at least 5-10 more wins if they just had a competent coach.

I think Gentry is probably in the locker room giving them props for scoring 134 points right now. This is a horribly coached team, but not a bad one. The lineups and substitutions are bad, the use of timeouts and after timeout plays are bad, the game plans are bad, the in game adjustments are bad, and anything else that is tied to coaching is bad. But I still think the team, from a talent perspective, is pretty good. They would have at least 5-10 more wins if they just had a competent coach.
I consider the coach to be part of what defines the team.
If he ain't good, neither is the team.

Been saying... this team is very young and very talented.... they will only get more talented and experienced in the next few years.... but they are poorly coached.

They don't always play with effort... they never play defense.... and they are undisciplined and commit an insane number of unforced errors...

This will not change until Gentry is gone... the players that they plug into his system all do the same thing... adding talent won't change it.

They should have fired him before trading AD and drafting Zion, so his teachings don't put that stink on Zion long term...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom