• Tacoes/wasted my vote

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I voted D for my house rep, but I'm not sure why I'm supposed to be excited about Nancy Pelosi being the speaker again. Pretty sure those that voted R are probably more excited about having that boogieman/punching bag for the next 2 years. So lets have a pole!

Since there may be some split voters (lololol) let's assume we're talking about who we voted for in the House.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/politics/marcia-fudge-nancy-pelosi-house-speakers-race/index.html

Fudge now supports Pelosi. I think the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) pretty much told her to step down. Her disparaging remarks about Pelosi probably didn't go over well. It also may be that Clyburn loses the whip position if Fudge puts real pressure on Pelosi. I also think Fudge would lose moderate Ds with her statements such as:

Using race as a justification for a position doesn't play well. Comments like this could push moderate white voters towards the white identity politics of Rs.
Maybe, but that doesn’t mean she’s not right. Speaker Pelosi’s leadership group should reflect where the electorate is headed, not where it’s been.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m thinking I heard Pelosi invited her for a meeting. This could be an illustration of why Pelosi should be Speaker.

B4YOU

All-Pro
Reaction score
Maybe, but that doesn’t mean she’s not right. Speaker Pelosi’s leadership group should reflect where the electorate is headed, not where it’s been.
It does. Clyburn would be the Majority Whip. He has been the #3 leader D since 2010 and gives the CBC a seat at the three-member leadership team that includes Pelosi, Hoyer, and Clyburn.

WhoDatPhan78

Reaction score

WhoDatPhan78

Reaction score

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
OP
OP
porculator

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I actually wrote my congressman (Don Beyer) about her shortly after I posted the thread. to his credit he wrote back talking about how great Pelosi is and how she had his full support.

I don't disagree that she's very skilled. It's really just an optics thing, of having a person that is a) already an effective boogieman for Trump and his mouthpiece media, and b) is 78 years old and the face of what's supposed to be the "youthful" party.

On the other hand, speaker is the most thankless job in the government - just look at Boehner and Paul Ryan's trajectory. So it may as well be some old person in a safe district that gets thrown to the wolves. But democrats would be wise to try not to project her as the "voice of the party"

Claw

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I hate his guts. I think he's the scum of the earth, and one of the worst things to happen to American politics in generations. The glee with which he plays the game and tries to take away healthcare from people and worsen the economic divide through tax policy makes me sick. And with that being (generally) public knowledge, his caucus picked up 3 seats in the midterms. <b>Favorable map </b> and whatever, but a win is a win.

He should absolutely be the party leader in the Senate because nobody could do a better job for that party. Despite what I think of his positions or methods, he's unquestionably effective at what he does.
Favorable map? Dude is a Senator. Lol

coldseat

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is a very out of the blue, late and strange comment.

But what he meant was that the republicans had a favorable map in the Senate during the midterms, so their caucus picked up 3 seats (i.e. they had a lot more elections in republican states than democratic states). Not that McConnell had a favorable map in his state of Kentucky.

brockmeaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, this is a random bump, but I don’t get your contention with my post. The 2018 election was a favorable map for Republicans to both hold the seats they had up and pick up a few seats in red areas like Missouri and West Virginia held by vulnerable Democrats. Like...that’s a fact.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom