• Tacoes/wasted my vote

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I voted D for my house rep, but I'm not sure why I'm supposed to be excited about Nancy Pelosi being the speaker again. Pretty sure those that voted R are probably more excited about having that boogieman/punching bag for the next 2 years. So lets have a pole!

Since there may be some split voters (lololol) let's assume we're talking about who we voted for in the House.

brockmeaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep. She's the first person to tell him "no" in two full years, and she did a wonderful job in this standoff. Playing to his ego by cancelling his State of the Union address was one of the key reasons he dropped it, at least for now.

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
She is John Wicking him.
That might be a stretch. But she and Schumer knew how to play this.

The sad thing is, it still hurt people and this country a bit.

I hope they can use this win to get a good legislative win and get something functional passed on immigration.

UriUT

Veteran
Reaction score
Obviously she does good work politicking Congress. However it's hard to forget that her adversary is a petulant child. Saying the emperor has no clothes isn't a great feat in other eras. But in this alternative timeline that we live in, I'll raise my cup and salute her and Schumer. I salute them for allowing the child to boldly claim the shutdown was his and his alone. I salute them for letting the petulant child throw his tantrum with disapproving parental stares. And once the wind goes away from that tantrum's sail, they impose their parental will. A lesson for any parent who wishes to correct a misbehaving child.

Bravo.

And bravo to those repubs senators that finally grew a spine, albeit narrow and unstable. Good work on ending the myth of the "golden" child.

brockmeaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The bigger takeaway from this, besides dunking on Trump a little bit, SHOULD be that this method of governing won’t work. They shut down the government for a month over a vanity project, and in the end all they did was hurt average working people AND their polling numbers, and for their troubles ended up right back where they started. Any rational administration would learn that message and leave this policy item in the rear view. I wouldn’t be surprised it Trump uses the brief reopening to deliver his SOTU, slam Democrats heavily in it in another attempt to put the onus on them, then shut it down again in 3 weeks. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

OP
OP
porculator

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The bigger takeaway from this, besides dunking on Trump a little bit, SHOULD be that this method of governing won’t work. They shut down the government for a month over a vanity project, and in the end all they did was hurt average working people AND their polling numbers, and for their troubles ended up right back where they started. Any rational administration would learn that message and leave this policy item in the rear view. I wouldn’t be surprised it Trump uses the brief reopening to deliver his SOTU, slam Democrats heavily in it in another attempt to put the onus on them, then shut it down again in 3 weeks. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit.
History shows that shutdowns don't really affect elections. If anything they're like that Kavanaugh shirtshow where everyone gets more entrenched and nobody wins. They're just bad all around.

Trump's approval rating is still in his normal range albeit a little low. However, I think the pressure from the corporations (airlines in this case) is what ended it, and what will prevent it from happening again.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That might be a stretch. But she and Schumer knew how to play this.

The sad thing is, it still hurt people and this country a bit.

I hope they can use this win to get a good legislative win and get something functional passed on immigration.
Maybe, but he's already dying the death of a thousand cuts.

They marched his best friend out in shackles a few hours before all flights into Laguardia were canceled due to the shutdown. Bloomburg crushed him. Ann Coulter called him a bigger wimp than HW Bush. The indictment against Stone is defining and the writing is on the wall.

Only the most ignorant of the hardest right-wingers can even pretend to continue to carry his water.

The MSM is using the term "CAVED" to describe him.

There are tenis jokes and in depth analysis of his White House manipulating pictures of him to elongate his chubby sausage fingers and make him look thinner. That's getting done with our tax dollars during a time when 800,000 public servants are hearing his billionaire boy's club lament the choice of some federal workers to not grovel at the local grocer for credit rather than have a free meal on Jose Andres.

There are investigations spinning up in the House and Senate. The states are closing in on the cases against his emoluments violations and it's only a NY minute from the time his son-in-law or sons get indicted.

The little orange clown in the ill-fitting suit looked dejected today as he tried to save face.

Maybe John Wick's beatings are more dramatic, but what's happening to Trump right now is going to leave him dead or humiliated and broke.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe, but he's already dying the death of a thousand cuts.

They marched his best friend out in shackles a few hours before all flights into Laguardia were canceled due to the shutdown. Bloomburg crushed him. Ann Coulter called him a bigger wimp than HW Bush. The indictment against Stone is defining and the writing is on the wall.

Only the most ignorant of the hardest right-wingers can even pretend to continue to carry his water.

The MSM is using the term "CAVED" to describe him.

There are tenis jokes and in depth analysis of his White House manipulating pictures of him to elongate his chubby sausage fingers and make him look thinner. That's getting done with our tax dollars during a time when 800,000 public servants are hearing his billionaire boy's club lament the choice of some federal workers to not grovel at the local grocer for credit rather than have a free meal on Jose Andres.

There are investigations spinning up in the House and Senate. The states are closing in on the cases against his emoluments violations and it's only a NY minute from the time his son-in-law or sons get indicted.

The little orange clown in the ill-fitting suit looked dejected today as he tried to save face.

Maybe John Wick's beatings are more dramatic, but what's happening to Trump right now is going to leave him dead or humiliated and broke.
Can't come soon enough.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Very

“There’s Chuck Schumer who I call Cryin’ Chuck then there’s Nancy Pelosi who I call Miss Nancy”
Mrs. Pelosi would be more accurate. He knows how woefully unprepared he is to negotiate with her (Master of negotiation, my left foot). While he was making comments like "Avoiding STD's was my personal Vietnam" she was already two decades into service to the American people. His act after the Democrats slaughtered the Trump Cult in the mid-terms in the House showed how scared of her he really is. He tried to pretend like losing the House (with the oversight and subpoena power to bring him to his knees) was no big deal because he thought the Democrats were going to put someone else (with little to no experience as a majority leader of anything) into the Speaker's position because there was such uproar about all these incoming freshman wanting to oust her. She even convinced most of those Democrats to keep her in her old position because she has the strength, skins on the wall and, most importantly, bigger balls than Trump.

I voted in this poll "Voted Democrat, Yes to Pelosi" for exactly the reasons she's shown to be so effective. She's been playing this game for so long and has built so many strong connections over the past decades while being in the House that she could win an argument with Trump while taking a nap. And probably while taking a crap too.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom