Peloton owners/users (1 Viewer)

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. If you have a Peloton Bike, Treadmill, or just the app you can now follow other members using hash tags. Be sure to check out the following tags.

#SaintsReport
#WhoDatNation
#NewOrleansSaints

Hope to see some of you around..

nolachef is my username

I have been home 4 days since november and about a month in the last year so I dont have many recent rides lol

Will start using the app more now though

I love it and wish I could use it more often. Im hoping to be able to travel home mid june and then dont see much travel on the horizon for the near future due to the virus so should be able to get a lot of use this year

Might even pick up the tread.

is it really worth it? i almost bought the bike a few months back, but i was afraid it would turn into a clothes rack.

i've heard and read good things about it but its nice seeing real reviews. i used to walk/jog 6-10 miles a day, but it has been a few years. i have trouble getting the motivation anymore.

is it really worth it? i almost bought the bike a few months back, but i was afraid it would turn into a clothes rack.

i've heard and read good things about it but its nice seeing real reviews. i used to walk/jog 6-10 miles a day, but it has been a few years. i have trouble getting the motivation anymore.
Make no mistake, it's a luxury item. When I was home to use it it was 100% worth it to me because I just dont go to the gym. Being able to get a workout like this at home is worth it. The live and on demand classes with lederboards and crazy stat and output tracking etc is a way to make a game out of it which keeps me interested.

That being said, it's REALLY expenswive and you can get the same results much much cheaper if you do the legwork yourself.
I think Peloton is becoming the Apple/Sonos of the fitness world. Great branding and image, quality product, lifestyle brand, slick layout and design, but overpriced and with pros and cons.

Make no mistake, it's a luxury item. When I was home to use it it was 100% worth it to me because I just dont go to the gym. Being able to get a workout like this at home is worth it. The live and on demand classes with lederboards and crazy stat and output tracking etc is a way to make a game out of it which keeps me interested.

That being said, it's REALLY expenswive and you can get the same results much much cheaper if you do the legwork yourself.
I think Peloton is becoming the Apple/Sonos of the fitness world. Great branding and image, quality product, lifestyle brand, slick layout and design, but overpriced and with pros and cons.
Luxury maybe....but as a 60 plus male with past heart issues and after a bout with prostate cancer....I find it a Life saver. My cardiologist visits dropped from quarterly to yearly (as long as I “keep doing what I’m doing”)
I have never been a person to go to the gym and cycling is my go to workout. Can’t always ride outdoors , especially in winter so the Peloton made sense for me.
I dont use many of the live classes...mostly on demand, and when short on time I just ride and watch tv.
The classes are excellent and will kick your butt.
Username *Saintjim*

J

xury item. When I was home to use it it was 100% worth it to me because I just dont go to the gym. Being able to get a workout like this at home is worth it. The live and on demand classes with lederboards and crazy stat and outpu

No doubt, the tread is expensive. Until you look at the pricing of other slatted treads. Then it's a bargain.
A slatted tread is typically easier on the knees and has more give than many platform type treads. They run on bearings instead of dragging a belt across a board so it is very responsive to speed adjustments despite having a weaker motor than many other treads. the controls are MUCH better than pretty much any other tread out there.

But the thing that really makes the Peloton tread worth it are the classes. Staring with the beginning interval runs to the advanced sprinting. You can build yourself up. The classes themselves provide motivation for some (not all). I've got my favorite instructors and I like using their classes all the time. Andy Speer's strength training program got me more committed to lifting weights on days between my runs. As a result, i'm losing weight again but I'm building muscle and frankly my wife has been quite complementary on it. I'm on the cusp of hitting my weight goal of getting below 180lbs. That's a 40lbs drop over the last year and 5 months. Ultimately motivation is very different for each person. The motivation that got me going is when my Mom visited in late 2018. She's overweight, diabetic, has heart problems, etc. etc and she's only 71. She was going to stay with me for a month but I had to send her back after a week because she can't handle the altitude in the Denver area. I highly doubt she makes it to 80 and I don't want to end up like that. I want to be active and enjoy my senior years when they get here.

Back on the tread, if you're not going to use it, it'll be a HUGE waste of money. $4000 is a lot of dough and you need the monthly subscription to get the most out of it. That high price is another motivator that got me using it consistently in the first few months I owned it. Now I'm working out every single day. I've found it to be a hugely successful investment. I'm going to run on it until it falls apart and then I'll probably buy another one.

No doubt, the tread is expensive. Until you look at the pricing of other slatted treads. Then it's a bargain.
A slatted tread is typically easier on the knees and has more give than many platform type treads. They run on bearings instead of dragging a belt across a board so it is very responsive to speed adjustments despite having a weaker motor than many other treads. the controls are MUCH better than pretty much any other tread out there.

But the thing that really makes the Peloton tread worth it are the classes. Staring with the beginning interval runs to the advanced sprinting. You can build yourself up. The classes themselves provide motivation for some (not all). I've got my favorite instructors and I like using their classes all the time. Andy Speer's strength training program got me more committed to lifting weights on days between my runs. As a result, i'm losing weight again but I'm building muscle and frankly my wife has been quite complementary on it. I'm on the cusp of hitting my weight goal of getting below 180lbs. That's a 40lbs drop over the last year and 5 months. Ultimately motivation is very different for each person. The motivation that got me going is when my Mom visited in late 2018. She's overweight, diabetic, has heart problems, etc. etc and she's only 71. She was going to stay with me for a month but I had to send her back after a week because she can't handle the altitude in the Denver area. I highly doubt she makes it to 80 and I don't want to end up like that. I want to be active and enjoy my senior years when they get here.

Back on the tread, if you're not going to use it, it'll be a HUGE waste of money. $4000 is a lot of dough and you need the monthly subscription to get the most out of it. That high price is another motivator that got me using it consistently in the first few months I owned it. Now I'm working out every single day. I've found it to be a hugely successful investment. I'm going to run on it until it falls apart and then I'll probably buy another one.
thanks guys. i have a bad left knee (i can move the cap around) and treadmills are generally tough on my left leg, but from what i have read it is much closer to the real thing unlike a normal treadmill.

kinda leaning towards the bike. i've always been a bike person.

i'm not worried about the investment as long as i can justify putting it to use.

Before you buy, get that knee checked out. I have two torn meniscus but I was able to adapt to it with physical therapy. I used to HAVE to wear a knee brace. Now I just need a compression sleeve for running and nothing for everyday walking.

Before you buy, get that knee checked out. I have two torn meniscus but I was able to adapt to it with physical therapy. I used to HAVE to wear a knee brace. Now I just need a compression sleeve for running and nothing for everyday walking.
ok. thank you. good call. i've tweaked it too many times overdoing it.

ok. thank you. good call. i've tweaked it too many times overdoing it.

After a year of over doing it, I can tell you that physical therapy can make a huge difference in many situations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom