Peloton owners/users (1 Viewer)

Don’t know about the others but Booger is big time into Peloton.
There are tons of celebs etc wh are really into it and have public usernames.

From this list I know McIlroy is a BEAST. His output numbers on the bike are pretty insane.

Just been informed by my work that I'll most likely be staying put for the rest of the year and not traveling so I really have a chance to get in great shape as when Im home I can make myself work out but its more difficult when working on the road.

Already have a peloton cycle and a full dumbell set so can do all the peloton workouts minus the ones using the tread.
I want to add another piece to my home gym and was thinking about a tread but Im intrigued by this piece of equipment from nordictrac

It looks like a fun and involved way to get a workout (boredom is a workout killer for me) and if it was in the peloton universe I would pull the trigger without a second thought, but Im worried Ill miss all the stat tracking etc I get done with peloton etc

Anyone have any experience with this machine or the tonal?

Taysom Hill is on the Tonal team..... What else do you need to know? Nothing! Do it!

Just been informed by my work that I'll most likely be staying put for the rest of the year and not traveling so I really have a chance to get in great shape as when Im home I can make myself work out but its more difficult when working on the road.

Already have a peloton cycle and a full dumbell set so can do all the peloton workouts minus the ones using the tread.
I want to add another piece to my home gym and was thinking about a tread but Im intrigued by this piece of equipment from nordictrac

It looks like a fun and involved way to get a workout (boredom is a workout killer for me) and if it was in the peloton universe I would pull the trigger without a second thought, but Im worried Ill miss all the stat tracking etc I get done with peloton etc

Anyone have any experience with this machine or the tonal?

Those look interesting but I think I'll stick with the dumbbells and tread for now. The main thing I need to look into at this point is my diet. I don't think I'm taking in enough protein.

OK, I'm gonna brag today. I hit the milestone I was looking for. This morning my weight finally got below 180lbs. Check this out, I can even wear my 22year old flight suit from the Army. I don't even have to loosen the waist straps. It feel frackin' amazing to get here.

But there's still work to get done. I'm working on building muscle. I've got a lot more protein in my diet and I'm slowly burning down the body fat content in my waist. I think that part of my body is about all the fat I have left. I'm keeping the simple carbs low (though I'm allowing myself to have cake this weekend) and taking in more complex carbs (oats, veggies, etc.) while eating more meats, protein shakes, etc. For fats, more fish and nuts (I love pistachios)

49964506927_2496ae199b_c.jpg

49963720588_ec3e9be4a7_c.jpg

49963720553_0c38d184d0_c.jpg

got one of these to compliment my 10 mile bike rides, its different than biking and good for ba weather

is pretty challenging

Well heck....
I haven't been following this case, but is there anything unique about the Peloton treadmills that cause this issue? We have a Norditrack treadmill and I'm trying to understand what may be different with Peloton.

I haven't been following this case, but is there anything unique about the Peloton treadmills that cause this issue? We have a Norditrack treadmill and I'm trying to understand what may be different with Peloton.
I honestly don't know but I suppose some other treads may have a skirt or something that can block an object (or child) from being pulled under the tread. There isn't anything like that on my Peloton Tread.

Our Norditrack doesn't have anything to cover the belt either. But the track is not very easy to lift up. There's a hydraulic bar that requires some effort to lift it and lock in place in a vertical position.

Not sure without being able to look more closely. From the few pictures I can see, the peloton is kind of tall off the ground, with no cross bars under. The 'track' has lots of protrusions for grip (easier to drag under). So, taller, no cross bars to stop you, and big protrusions that offer more grip, easy to drag something under.

Other treadmills either have the 'track' covered underneath, or there is a cross bar, or other large part that would probably block someone or something from being dragged under.

The peloton looks like a tank tread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom