Pels at Lakers (1 Viewer)

It's when they sit Zion. They just live by the 3s. Don't know why but they do. SMH.
They literally just took 10 3 pointers in their last 11 shots. I’m convinced Gentry tells them to do this. It’s ridiculous

Ive said it before. Jrue doesnt do average. Its unstoppable Jrue,or completely useless Jrue. Real sheet time for useless drew to show up.

They need to really have a discussion about how this team beats the Lakers if this team makes the playoffs. Mistakes that haven't been cleaned up is very troubling. Turnovers and not rebounding isn't on the coach perse but the fact that it keeps happening to the resounding number that it's happening is on the coach. I just don't think Gentry is the right coach for this team. When he goes, they will start winning games like this.

Bad defense - Allowed 14 offensive rebounds - Allowed 45% FGs
Too Many Turnovers - 20 Turnovers - 22 Points off Them - 36 fast break points given up
Too Many Missed Free Throws - 7 of them

Same things every time we lose... Hallmarks of a Gentry team... Will not change no matter how many or which great players we have...

This is who they are under Gentry... and always will be... It's maddening, because the talent level is there and will only get better... But they will always be a .500 "tease team" under Gentry.

When we are lucky enough to keep the turnovers at 12 or less... Make more than 80% of our FTs... and limit 2nd chance points and play anything that resembles defense for half a game... we don't lose.

Two things that I don't understand....taking Zion out when they're heating up and Jaxson Hayes not getting more playing time. Matter of fact, Hayes' time has been decreasing massively in the last few games.

Two things that I don't understand....taking Zion out when they're heating up and Jaxson Hayes not getting more playing time. Matter of fact, Hayes' time has been decreasing massively in the last few games.

I thought I heard last night that the preferred to use Okafor for his experience and because they didn't think Jaxson could hang with the likes of Dwight Howard due to Jaxson being somewhat undersized.

:idunno:

I thought I heard last night that the preferred to use Okafor for his experience and because they didn't think Jaxson could hang with the likes of Dwight Howard due to Jaxson being somewhat undersized.

:idunno:

Also keep in mind originally he was supposed to play at all. The original plan was for him to be in the G league all year. So anything he plays is a bonus,

Also keep in mind originally he was supposed to play at all. The original plan was for him to be in the G league all year. So anything he plays is a bonus,
Yes, but it's frustrating to know that he's sitting on the bench wasting away. He needs the experience.

Yes, but it's frustrating to know that he's sitting on the bench wasting away. He needs the experience.
Generally, the rotations become shorter during the playoffs. For all intents and purposes, every game is a playoff game at this point. Gaining experience goes on the back burner now and the player who gives you the best chance of winning this individual game gets the playing time. Gentry apparently thought Okafor gave them that chance last night. I'm assuming bulk was that reason.

In the last 7 games we have won 5. Hayes is an exciting player no doubt but he needs to grow and that will have to wait till we stop making a run at the playoffs. Also we just lost to Lebron scoring 40, that says a lot.

San Antonio and Memphis lost which is great but don’t look now Sacramento is beating teams and winning.

We have to beat the Lakers next time we see them. Plus we have the Heat and the Clippers coming up and we need to beat them too.

Those would definitely be nice, but I don't think they are must wins, With our remaining schedule compared to the other teams in contention schedule, if we beat the teams we are supposed to beat only, we should still make the playoffs. It would be nice to create a little separation though because we know we aren't going to beat every sub .500 team we play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom