Pels hire James Borrego as Assoc. HC... (1 Viewer)

He is definitely not Green's replacement. Willie is definitely more a defensive guy, and at least the organization realized we needed an offensive minded guy. I believe / hope he can also scheme up something for when 1 or both stars are hurt. That's what really hurt the Pels is when both guys were out and the offense was just putrid and nothing was really being ran.

So, the consensus here is that the guy that the CHARLOTTE HORNETS FIRED, was hired to be Green's replacement? :freak7:

I welcome his addition to the staff but to say it is anything more than that would be a tremendous overstatement. If we do anything with the HC position this soon will just be following in the same dumb arse steps as the Demps led team.

Last edited:
So, the consensus here is that the guy that the CHARLOTTE HORNETS FIRED, was hired to be Green's replacement? :freak7:

I welcome his addition to the staff but to say it is anything more than that would be a tremendous overstatement. If we do anything with the HC position this soon will just be following in the same dumb arse steps as the Demps led team.
Yeah, I don’t think he was brought in to replace Green. It sounds like he is going to focus on improving our offense.

If my lone opinion (the 6th post in this thread) is the consensus, then I’m flattered.

Green has a lot to show before I’m going to say that his job is safe. If next season starts off poorly why wouldn’t they show Green the door, and move Borrego into his seat for an interim basis?

If my lone opinion (the 6th post in this thread) is the consensus, then I’m flattered.

Green has a lot to show before I’m going to say that his job is safe. If next season starts off poorly why wouldn’t they show Green the door, and move Borrego into his seat for an interim basis?
My choice of "consensus" was a HUGE overstatement based off of my misreading of the post right after yours. That being said, the Pels problems of player availability greatly outweighs its perceived problems at the HC position. If I recall correctly, they were leading the West after the first 3 months of the season. Then...well, you know the rest of the story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom