Pels signing Nicolo Melli to 2 year deal (1 Viewer)

At 28, he's not a developmental project. He was part of the plan. Langdon has been following him with the Nets and was trying to sign him there. The fit appears perfect. Floor spacer that can play a stretch four off the bench.

Watching highlights, you can see his offensive game is European skilled. He plays smart and can shoot the ball. He isn't afraid to throw it down when in the paint, something you don't always see from European players. He finishes at the rim more aggressively than Mirotic, but he may not be as good a shooter. I don't know anything about his defense or rebounding, but he plays tough enough on offense and has the size and athleticism to assume he can be at least serviceable in those categories.

I like the pickup. I imagine his minutes will increase as the season progresses and he will be a pivotal piece off the bench. I hope he'll come a lot cheaper than Mirotic would have.

Fully guaranteed two year deal further enforces that he was part of the plan all along. Cheap deal leaves us with a ton of cap space still. I think there's even a chance we like him more than Mirotic.

Fully guaranteed two year deal further enforces that he was part of the plan all along. Cheap deal leaves us with a ton of cap space still. I think there's even a chance we like him more than Mirotic.

Should be a nice fit with what they are building.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom