Pels vs Rockets (1 Viewer)

I'm not there yet. He's a solid player. Was really off today. Everyone has ups and downs during a season. Hopefully he'll come around and get back on track.
I agree, but I don’t think he will be a long term guy here. I would be OK either way, but think we would get more if we trade him in the offseason than rushing a trade before the deadline. He is just so inconsistent from game to game, but not inside of the game. You can tell if we get good Jrue or bad Jrue offensively in the 1st 5 minutes of every game. If he starts off bad, he generally is going to stay bad. The best thing about him though, is that you are almost always going to get good defense from him. Today, he was bad on D and horrendous on offense. That’s the exception, thankfully, not the rule.

Games like this are why I said we are highly unlikely to make the 8 seed. So maddeningly inconsistent from game to game, poor FT shooting, dumb turnovers. We lose so many games we should win.

Just got done watching. What a horrible game by Jrue. His shot was off but that can happen to anyone. The dumb decisions is what bothered me. He is supposed to be the vet, the leader and he was just flat out terrible. Worst I've seen him play.

Zion is going to be dominant but he too is careless with the ball. He's got to start recognizing the double teams and backside help faster.

Ingram and Zion aren't playing well together. It seems like either one or the other are scoring and haven't figured out how to share the floor yet. When they do then look out.

I can't remember a team that throws the ball into the stands as much as this one because of miscommunication. They just need more time on the floor together.

Just got done watching. What a horrible game by Jrue. His shot was off but that can happen to anyone. The dumb decisions is what bothered me. He is supposed to be the vet, the leader and he was just flat out terrible. Worst I've seen him play.

Zion is going to be dominant but he too is careless with the ball. He's got to start recognizing the double teams and backside help faster.

Ingram and Zion aren't playing well together. It seems like either one or the other are scoring and haven't figured out how to share the floor yet. When they do then look out.

I can't remember a team that throws the ball into the stands as much as this one because of miscommunication. They just need more time on the floor together.

Well, to be fair, this was their worst game of the season as far as turnovers go. And Zion only has a few games under his belt. You could tell he was getting winded a lot. His conditioning isn't there yet. That, and Ingram and Williamson need time to get comfortable with each other. The rest of the roster as well.

Jrue was probably the biggest disappointment though. He obviously was not himself. Hopefully an aberration and not the start of a trend. Time will tell. They're a fun team to watch, but Gentry has to go. He's not gonna get them anywhere if/when they get into the playoffs. Defense is the name of the game then and the Pels are really lacking in that area

I agree with all of this. Particularly re: BI and Zion.

I think their biggest problem is just learning to play together (as quoted). Every throw into the stands, you could see what the player was thinking, but the other guy just wasn't on the same page. Zion needs to get better at his spacing, and the other players need to get used to that. That's a huge part of the problem on offense and defense - on defense, they are losing their guys on switches and aren't covering the land from the weakside.

I know Gentry is taking a lot of heat here, and it's warranted, but I'm not there yet. If you had told me that Zion would miss until January and we have the young team that we have with an all-star, I don't think I would be surprised at our record. My homer glasses definitely tell me we have a better team than this, but the reality is that it will take a little time.

They would have won yesterday by just sinking a couple of more FTs and a couple of shots in the 4th. This team can get ice cold at inopportune times.

The defense was doing a lot better statistically in the month before Zion came back and there was good chemistry being generated on offense.
I said before and I will say it again....I think Zion would have been better coming in with the reserves. That way you keep that chemistry the starters had just established and you make your bench virtually unstoppable with Zion.

Missed our last 11 threes. :covri:

Why are we shooting so many tho? Esp at the end of a game? Go to the hole and try to get fouled, then make your free throws. Gentry needs to have a practice just on free throws. It’s a disgrace guys aren’t making those esp Jrue.

On Jrue, he has been bad all season, he’s had a few good games but overall it has not been a great year for him. We don’t know what Jrue we’re gonna get game to game and that’s bad. Also, I find it pretty telling to have BI come in and become a All Star before Jrue. It’s like Jrue just wants to be #2 or #3, not #1. Guy is very confusing to me.

On Gentry, he must go, I still believe games like this we would win if we had a better coach. Last four mins was bad and he does nothing to stop it from being bad. This isn’t the first time either in the last mins of games they can’t pull it out.

Why are we shooting so many tho? Esp at the end of a game? Go to the hole and try to get fouled, then make your free throws. Gentry needs to have a practice just on free throws. It’s a disgrace guys aren’t making those esp Jrue.

On Jrue, he has been bad all season, he’s had a few good games but overall it has not been a great year for him. We don’t know what Jrue we’re gonna get game to game and that’s bad. Also, I find it pretty telling to have BI come in and become a All Star before Jrue. It’s like Jrue just wants to be #2 or #3, not #1. Guy is very confusing to me.

On Gentry, he must go, I still believe games like this we would win if we had a better coach. Last four mins was bad and he does nothing to stop it from being bad. This isn’t the first time either in the last mins of games they can’t pull it out.

Especially when their tallest player was 6'6" and they are playing all guards

Especially when their tallest player was 6'6" and they are playing all guards

Yeah, Pels were dominating the boards and had a huge size advantage. The problem is that the big fellas are young and inexperienced players, so their spacing isn't very good. And they're not altering enough shots on defense.

Houston missed a ton of shots in the first half and still scored 65 points. Thats just ridiculously bad. The defense was terrible for much of the game. Half an effort there and Pels win easily.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom