Penalties (1 Viewer)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Penalties seemed to just pick up steam as the game went on. The last 4 minutes of the first half was brutal and took forever.

That said...there were several penalties on New England that were not called but the one on particular I was miffed at was the late hit out of bounds on the kick return on Marcus Murphy. That is the kind of hit that can cause an injury. Runner starts letting up and then gets cut/hit low.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Agreed. They got away with chop clocks that we got called for as well. A couple defensive holding calls went uncalled that I saw as well.

Officiating was really one sided last night and I really didn't think it would be.

Did they think that as long as they made the calls that were added in the rule changes at least once in the game that that would be good enough to show that they're going to call it and they just so happened to call them on us?

OP
UFCSaint

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Agreed. They got away with chop clocks that we got called for as well. A couple defensive holding calls went uncalled that I saw as well.

Officiating was really one sided last night and I really didn't think it would be.

Did they think that as long as they made the calls that were added in the rule changes at least once in the game that that would be good enough to show that they're going to call it and they just so happened to call them on us?
Even on that nice sideline pass to Thomas there was a blow to the head on the QB.

OP
UFCSaint

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Pic of the sideline hit. This is just the start of it he followed through with the hit even further out of bounds.

Attachments

mdharper

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
The majority of penalties came against people who aren't going to make the roster or as in Peat's case playing out of position. Not all that concerning.

seagull

2010 World Champions
Reaction score
He gave himself up to go out of bounds and should have had a flag for sure. Ref's did not even look like they were watching the runner, looking to throw a block in the back out of the play penalty.

Rugger

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It is just the referees already in mideseason form with their blatant Pro-Patriots bias officiating. Seriously New England, especially at home, always benifits from favoritable officiating.

DrDaddyeaux

Chalmation Nation!
Reaction score
Grayson took a shot to the head and even milked it a bit more but STILL didn’t get the call. That , to me, should have been called especially since the League is all about protecting the QB. Maybe it’s just the 1st or 2nd string QB’s the refs are protecting? I don’t know but it was clearly a blow to the head of an unprotected QB which should have been a personal foul and maybe even one of those new PF’s where the player gets ejected~!

OP
UFCSaint

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Grayson took a shot to the head and even milked it a bit more but STILL didn’t get the call. That , to me, should have been called especially since the League is all about protecting the QB. Maybe it’s just the 1st or 2nd string QB’s the refs are protecting? I don’t know but it was clearly a blow to the head of an unprotected QB which should have been a personal foul and maybe even one of those new PF’s where the player gets ejected~!
Watch the first clip in this link and you will see how bad that blow to the head really was. Horrible missed call.

Saints 'stud' WR Michael Thomas dazzles in opener - NFL.com

OP
UFCSaint

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The majority of penalties came against people who aren't going to make the roster or as in Peat's case playing out of position. Not all that concerning.
I was mainly referring to the missed calls against the Pats

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Pic of the sideline hit. This is just the start of it he followed through with the hit even further out of bounds.
Reminds me that I have saved (on a previous laptop) a shot of that team's left tackle putting Galette in a chokehold on the play in 2013 that resulted in the game-winning TD pass that beat us.

Many of us want to put him in a chokehold for a much different reason, of course, but I'm just adding this here for precedent's sake. Thank goodness the Broncos won the AFC last year and made Super Bowl Sunday worth waking up for :)

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Considering the Patriots' chokehold on Galette that wasn't called a few years ago, this is not surprising.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom