Penalty Yards (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
Because I am still salty about yesterday's loss and apparently don't have enough ulcers, I was going over our team stats.

Do you realize that we have the most penalty yards by a wide margin from all of the games played?

1. New Orleans Saints 141
2. Cincinnati Bengals 95
3. Baltimore Ravens 89

I mean almost 1.5 times greater than the NEXT closest team. Weren't we the HOME team? LOL

I am just frustrated by this. Because of the past couple of years and what I saw in preseason, I didn't expect much from this team. Then suddenly, yesterday it appeared they were clicking on all cylinders only to surrender a 14 point lead, have a 2pt conversion put on them and miss a game winning field goal, largely because they needlessly burned all of their timeouts earlier in the game, and then lose yet ANOTHER started to a significant injury. It feels like ANOTHER snakebitten team and it's only game 1. I PRAY TO GOD that I am wrong.

What happened yesterday wasn't that hard to figure out.

The Raiders were heavily penalized in the 1st half. Jack Del Rio came out at halftime and specifically called the refs out to the sideline reporter, so you can imagine what he told them behind closed doors. After that, things started to flip.

The only reason that game-costing BS PI got called on us is because Del Rio was throwing a fit to the ref on the sideline.

This is a problem in the NFL. Coaches routinely are allowed to influence officiating and for some reason, refs routinely give in.

Four games were decided by one point this week. All had drive extending or halting penalties on the final drive. The refs have too big of an outcome on these games. It's ridiculous.

Four games were decided by one point this week. All had drive extending or halting penalties on the final drive. The refs have too big of an outcome on these games. It's ridiculous.

There's only one reason not to make these penalties reviewable...why does the NFL insist on keeping such game-changing power within the context of games?

There's only one reason not to make these penalties reviewable...why does the NFL insist on keeping such game-changing power within the context of games?

That is so they can control who wins and who doesn't...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom