Pence: Trump is acting ‘exactly like’ MLK (2 Viewers)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is it possible for anyone to more clueless than Mike Pence? It’s like he’s an algorithm.

Last edited:

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Let’s go point by point.
Secure the boarder- this week alone we saw people digging under the existing wall which is roughly similar to his steel wall he wants to come into the country. We also saw a massive tunnel 70 feet deep used for smuggling. Two examples in a week why his multimillion dollar wall is a good PR stunt, but really does little to solve a problem.

Humanitarian crisis yes, I know was started with Bush and Obama putting additional responsibilities onto the process bogging down an already undermanned and underfunded part of the legal system. However, Trump through his actions has made everyone a criminal. Made detention centers massive, and now has shut down that system making backlogs even longer.

End the shutdown- the shutdown he said he’d be proud to own, and McConnell is enforcing by allowing bills to fund the government to not be voted on. He is running this situation at a full authoritarian mode, and only wants the other side to totally give in. He doesn’t want compromise.

Change through the legislative process. Easy tell Mitch to let the Senate vote to reopen the government and get people to work. Democrats all along have been willing to hire additional men, put addition measures in for security but, this is a pouting match for his wall. Move forward to a broader discussion about immigration? Really? That was the same lie as last year when the DACA stuff was promised to be acted on once the shutdown was avoided. Yet, the right wing killed that off.

The guy has bullied and lied how many times. Think anyone will work with him? Why would they?

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is it possible for anyone to more clueless than Mike Pence? It’s like he’s a an algorithm.

Forget the MLK Jr Part, he's trying to argue that Trump wants the Legislative branch to come together in "good faith" to make a "more perfect union".

He's not negotiating in good faith at all.

Saint_Ward

Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Yeah, I'll give DACA another 2 years or so, Add some judges (that's good), and let's just make them ask for Asylum over there, where they are in danger.. I'm sure it will be ok for them...

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Key phrase “while there is still work to do in the senate to solve these and other immigration issues in the long term”

Notice how he says Senate not congress. Notice how it was the senate which killed off DACA reform last time, and now McConnell is grandstanding and shutting down congress. Don’t think for a second after he gets his cash anything will be done.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score

Yeah, I'll give DACA another 2 years or so, Add some judges (that's good), and let's just make them ask for Asylum over there, where they are in danger.. I'm sure it will be ok for them...
Not to mention, I heard that his "promises" about DACA and protecting immigrants who are already here has absolutely zero language that would make his promises binding. This is a proposal from Trump after all. He's a stable genius and knows more about the law than lawyers so he probably just took out his box of crayons and drew a picture of the deal he'd make with the angry democrats so he can have his vanity wall.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
Any sort of temporary “fix” to DACA and TPS is unacceptable. It just means they want to preserve the political pawn status of these millions of humans.

Saint_Ward

Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Key phrase “while there is still work to do in the senate to solve these and other immigration issues in the long term”

Notice how he says Senate not congress. Notice how it was the senate which killed off DACA reform last time, and now McConnell is grandstanding and shutting down congress. Don’t think for a second after he gets his cash anything will be done.
Well, if you're talking about Lankford, it's because he's a Senator. So, he'd want it considered in the Senate.

If you're talking about Pence, well, he does preside over the Senate, so he's going to push more influence there. But yeah, also not mentioning the House, who are now the enemy of the Republic.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I guess it’s one of those things I’ve become much more aware of is the exact wording that’s going on when people speak. To me, when I see work with the senate it means that it’s going to be done Trumps way, as the Senate by their actions of the last 30 days have taken a certain path. For that term to be used means it’s trump’s way or nothing. If they would’ve used Congress then it would’ve implied compromise working together. If the term house would’ve been used it says something else. So maybe it was as you said. They are both tied to the senate and maybe that’s how they are meaning it. Nothing more than that’s who they are a part of so using it that way. However, when you now have the House in Democratic hands and as you said an enemy of the republic well ya know

mb504

Word.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Wow, I also look forward to a GOP Senator in a deep red state wanting to rubber stamp whatever Trump asks for.

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I hear the words coming out of Pence's mouth... for a second I can't believe he's saying what he's saying, but then it hits me, it is Mike Pence.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why would this surprise you coming out of Pence’s Mouth? He’s little more than a stooge.

FullMonte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

Well...really it's only 1 year, since the SCOTUS already punted it to next year.

But, there's some interesting phrasing in that statement..."which extends DACA protections beyond the next presidential election." I'd offer him the exact same thing on his wall. I'd counter offer that he keeps everything in his offer, and we change his funding for the wall to not be appropriated until after the next presidential election.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saint Jack Political Discussion Board 22

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom