Penn State coach J. Franklin sprints after his players leaving field without shaking hands with MSU (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm posting this in the EE because it's more about sportsmanship and adult leadership than about college football.

But after PSU's loss to Michigan State, some of the Penn State players were leaving the field. Head coach James Franklin ran across the field to turn them back to shake hands. There's a reason why this guy is a success in coaching and recruiting. Doing the right thing is never wrong. And I'm sure that parents of recruits see this kind of thing and know their kid will be in good hands at Penn State.

I really liked him at Vandy, but I knew we couldn't keep him. I never really pulled for anyone in the Big 10, but I can't help but rooting for this guy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eI9LlBzUeBw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kXyHA9G-rqo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I saw what he did that and I applauded him but I just can't get behind anything related to Penn State. They deserve the "Death Penalty" more than SMU did back in the day.

They can fire 1-2 sacrificial lambs but you can't convince me more people that worked for the University or were around that program didn't know what was going on. This guy is wasting his talents and efforts on a University that doesn't deserve to be rebuilt.

To get back on your topic. I like what he did and I wish more coaches brought the same message to the players. It seems like every other week we see highlights of a player shooting the bird to the fans.

James Franklin is using a trowel to dig Penn State out of a hole that paterno, Sandusky, et al dug with a front end loader.

Penn State has a long way to go, if indeed ever, to rebuild its reputation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom