Penning kicked out of practice for fighting (2 Viewers)

Are we really blaming him for the first incident, where Turner threw a punch at him and he reacted? And the second where the report is that he did n't do anything?

I know "The Juice Boys" are a dominant defensive force that wouldn't, say, lose to the Giants and Panthers in almost consecutive weeks, but it seems to me they are picking on a rookie and giving themselves the Pikachu face when the guy that is bigger and stronger than them fights back. I hope the new kid smears everyone he lines up against this year; maybe this season the other team won't think it's funny to horse collar our quarterback if we have an enforcer out there.

Is it possible our defensive head coach is having the D intentionally do this in practice now so that he can fully understand what’s going to happen? The more he learns to get this out of his system now the less penalties during the season.

Are we really blaming him for the first incident, where Turner threw a punch at him and he reacted? And the second where the report is that he did n't do anything?

I know "The Juice Boys" are a dominant defensive force that wouldn't, say, lose to the Giants and Panthers in almost consecutive weeks, but it seems to me they are picking on a rookie and giving themselves the Pikachu face when the guy that is bigger and stronger than them fights back. I hope the new kid smears everyone he lines up against this year; maybe this season the other team won't think it's funny to horse collar our quarterback if we have an enforcer out there.
Fighting people whether you started it or not will result in penalty and getting kick out of games in real life.

Is it possible our defensive head coach is having the D intentionally do this in practice now so that he can fully understand what’s going to happen? The more he learns to get this out of his system now the less penalties during the season.

This question is a good one, because a few coaches, most notably Buddy Ryan and Mike Ditka created a borderline toxic, but competitive culture between the offense and defense. I just hope it doesn't involve our D-coordinator throwing a couple of haymakers at our O-coordinator in a game. (that incident actually happened with Ryan was the D-coordinator with Houston; I remember that game distinctly).

I don't think there's an actual uptick in camp fights league-wide, but the 24-7 coverage and reporting of anything and everything that's reported during camp and of course, during the season.

Being aggressive and having a few fights is normal for players in shorts and shells who are chomping at the bit for more contact, but I'm glad the coaches drew a line to simulate what would happen in a game-type scenario for fighting in practice, since the one of the goals is to come out of camp and the preseason healthy.

Once the reason starts, it's just a matter of time before Penning is penalized, ejected and fined for excessive roughness (or similar penalty).
It's who he is.

On draft night when a lot of Saints fans were excited about this guy’s demeanor, I said I hated it. Getting kicked out of practice after his third altercation has made the front page of ESPN.com and other national outlets. You can bet it has been noticed by every D coordinator in the league and more importantly every referee. Now he’s a marked man and you can bet will draw ticky tack penalties that will hurt the team. Coaches need to jump all over this now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom